Launch Fresh Realms with XP Buff?

That’s what it sounds like from how it’s worded.

1 Like

Yeah whoops I missed info I already assumed was true from the post. YOU GOT ME. That in no way invalidates anything I’ve said though.

Where have I ever suggested they delay it now? The damage is done, their plan is in motion. Obviously they are not going to change anything about it, I am just pointing out the very real issues it will cause for fresh players.

You are for some reason taking that as an attack and basing your entire responses on this. I am not being “selfish” and trying to take your XP boost. Nothing will come of the complaints I am making, but they do at least make the issues known.

1 Like

Unless you have some magical unrecoverable achievement like Scarab Lord on the current TBC servers, there is little to no downside to starting on fresh servers where you have a chance to be in on the opening wave of guild creation and server development.

Is this your “You think you do, but you don’t.” moment?

Go ahead with these facts. Please share your data on fresh Wrath of the Lich King servers vs established transitioning TBC servers. Or do you have some apples you’d like to compare to armchairs?

No, you’re interpreting anger, because you’re upset. I’m getting what I want, because Blizzard isn’t going to change anything. I’m not angry or taking this as “an attack”. I’m pointing out that your demands are absurd, and would create even more anger among the community if enacted.

I’m quite calm because I’m sure even Blizzard won’t make that mistake.

WAITTTTTTTTTTT

So we can level from 1 on prepatch on fresh server??

Lol whatever dude you keep ignoring what I’m saying and claiming the issues I’m pointing out are “absurd demands” based on “ego” and “selfishness.”

Again, I haven’t made a single demand. I have never suggested they delay the XP buff they have announced. In fact the entire post was predicated on the idea of launching fresh servers early to align with the XP buff. No mention of any delay whatsoever. You’re just arguing against things I am not saying.

I am pointing out issues that exist to make them known in the hopes that maybe something will come of it. Like launching the fresh servers early, for example (as in the OP). Or another -maybe they could keep the XP buff alive for the same length of time on fresh, so that both are equal.

If that were the case, the FOMO issue I’m talking about wouldn’t exist. We would have the same amount of time with the buff on both live and fresh servers, and everyone is happy.

None of that affects you in any way. Nobody is coming after you and your XP buff. I made one off-hand comment about how personally I would prefer that they came out at the same time or not at all, and you have just taken that and run with it ad nauseum.

Since 99% of people who wanna be competitive in arena will roll human for the broken asf racial this is correct

“off hand comment” which when replied to, made you tell me how I was having a tantrum, failing to “see your logic” and then angrily try to defend the molehill you’ve created.

It’s a bad hot take, and you’re only fighting for it, because your original hot take was shot down in flames. Now you’re attempting to defend the fallacy castle you’ve created simply because someone disagreed with you.

I’m happy you realize it’s never going to happen, but that doesn’t mean you’re any less fixated on the idea simply because someone told you it was bad.

You were absolutely having a tantrum lmao you made several personal attacks at me over said “off hand comment” and became extremely defensive about the mere thought that your XP buff be delayed any further, while completely missing the point of my post. So yeah, I got snarky as hell because it was a childish overreaction and hostile response.

I don’t have a singular idea that you think I am “fixated” on. All I am trying to do is make issues known with how fresh servers are being launched, and offer up some possible remedies. That. Is. It.

What are you trying to do exactly? Because all you’ve accomplished is building a strawman out of each of my posts and arguing with me about things I haven’t said.

But I give up talking to you, its going nowhere.

Name one.

“You’re having FOMO” isn’t a personal attack, especially since you confirmed it :rofl:

I disagreed with you, then you started saying things like “Stop having a tantrum”. I’m still focused on the discussion, not the person, and the point that your stated position was actively detrimental to the community.

And while I don’t think Blizzard would ever do it, we’ve seen on multiple occasions now, that if people don’t shoot down these arguments, Blizzard can take the worst views and think they’re acceptable.

There is alot of pros and cons to timing of the fresh server release

Options pretty much are

Option 1 launches at exp event start, gives the largest player base, means that alot of people will be starting prepatch with very different amounts of gear and profession levels basically acts like a current server to someone starting at wrath launch (everyone already 70 and has professions maxed some have raid gear from various raids probably not sunwell). Encourages alot of tourists (people who like leveling but have no intentions on leaving their current servers) and pvp players to max characters to get some world pvp. Disadvantages players who can level to 70 in prepatch as they need to sub for longer before wrath

Option 2 launches at prepatch start, exp event still running, still encourages tourists and world pvp enthusiasts but less so due to limited time. Disadvantages players who cant level to 70 in prepatch and might put some off fresh completely.

Option 3 launches at launch, near 0 tourists and world pvpers (as they are doing their mains), population will be lower but more stable from day 1, no exp buff so alot of people would level 1-70 on an existing server instead of rolling fresh.

I can see like tanks in middle of brd dinging 55 and being like “good enough for me. Time to make my dk” and logging out immediately.

If they launch fresh servers with the XP buff instead of pre-patch, there’s going to be a handful of people running around with Hand of A’dal titles and people will be salty about that.

This option is off the table because the servers will be launched in a 3.4 build, not a 2.5 build. That’s why the OP converted to “Well delay the XP buff then”.

AGREE 100%. New servers should go up with XP buff.

2 Likes

You are kinda desperate for my attention aren’t you. Well here you go.

Oh my god. Again, I have said repeatedly a delay is not what I am suggesting. Anyone reading the posts can clearly see that.

You are completely misrepresenting my arguments and you know it. Go away.

“Oh my god.” I was replying to someone else, not you. I even acknowledged that you knew it.

When you explicitly misrepresent the things I’ve said, I am going to call you out.

Let’s make it crystal clear here. This thread was intended to raise an issue with the current plan to launch fresh during the pre-patch and launch the XP buff several weeks before. Here were my proposed solutions:

• Launch the fresh servers (earlier) with the XP buff
  • Launch fresh servers at pre-patch (as planned), but maintain the XP buff for the same number of weeks on both fresh/live servers

Those were the ideas. I have not converted to “Well delay the XP buff then” as you say. I have never suggested the XP buff be delayed as you keep peddling.

You can disagree with my ideas, that’s fine. But that’s not what you are doing. You are arguing against things I simply have not said.

If delaying it was the only option to make XP/fresh launch simultaneously, then of course I would prefer if they delayed since I am rolling fresh. Obviously. It’s in my best interest. That doesn’t make my opinions “egotistical” or “selfish,” just like it doesn’t make you selfish to prefer a solution that disregards fresh. But like I already said that’s not happening. I am not advocating for that, and I never was. They have already announced the buff for live and shouldn’t delay it any more than necessary.