Launch Fresh Realms with XP Buff?

Why does this need to happen BEFORE the pre-patch? Normally, you would use the pre-patch time for this. And the XP buff is not needed for this anyway. It wasn’t even expected until they announced it.

You’re kind of missing the point entirely

Fresh has a ton of good reasons to be an attractive choice as-is (even with the XP buff coming out earlier). Regardless of when the buff comes out, I am rolling fresh. Fresh doesn’t NEED the XP buff, just like live servers don’t NEED the XP buff to succeed. I made no such claims that this was the case.

The issue is that the XP buff actively competes with fresh servers because it comes out earlier. It borderline discourages new and returning players from rolling fresh.

That doesn’t mean fresh will fail if the XP boost comes out earlier, it just means they’re putting it at a marked disadvantage out of the gate and makes it less attractive to players that even specifically want fresh.

IMO I would rather them have XP buff live on both simultaneously, or no XP buff at all.

Because they said it would.

No, it doesn’t. You can feel like it disadvantages your choice, but that’s just FOMO kicking in. Stop trying to disadvantage other people just because your own choice will require you to wait longer.

We were promised an XP pony, and we’re getting an XP pony. My experience does not make your experience lesser, unless you know that your experience requires special attention to compete.

And you’re going to a fresh server. The majority of players are not, and your personal choice shouldn’t impact everyone else negatively to make your ego feel better.

Just using facts my dude

Nobody is going to stay on these servers.

Will be begging for free xfers by February.

1 Like

Of course FOMO is kicking in, that’s the point of what I am saying. They have designed a situation where rolling fresh gives players FOMO where they otherwise could have just…not? And that will very likely have a marked impact on the number of people that choose to roll fresh.

This is the argument I am making. If they are going to do an XP boost, they should have planned to do it simultaneously on all servers. As-is, they are not doing that, which objectively makes players fEeL disadvantaged by picking the fresh servers. For the exact same reason that many people are not levelling characters now, because Blizzard announced the XP boost way too early.

Don’t worry the scary man making logical arguments can’t take your XP away. You’ll get your pony, kid.

If you weren’t so busy throwing a tantrum you would have understood the points I’m making here.

My personal choice is made regardless of what they do. So, it is completely irrelevant. But, I am pointing out an issue with how they are choosing to roll out the servers and XP boost that will very likely negatively impact the number of players that choose fresh servers.

2 Likes

Right, but you’re now living in a fantasy world where you think it will “feel” better to delay the buff everyone’s been chomping at the bit for… even more.

Mate you didn’t even read the blue post before making your OP… logical is not what’s happening there.

You realize you’re the one throwing a tantrum that an early XP buff will “disadvantage fresh servers”. I’m just pointing out how your mindset is so selfish you can’t even tell.

The situation has already been presented by Blizzard. Delaying it will solve zero problems and make the majority of players even more pissed off. Fresh servers are not coming until Wrath Pre-Patch because they have to. If you want the XP buff earlier, don’t level on Fresh. If you’re happy to wait, level on Fresh.

The only person complaining here is you. :wink:

That’s what it sounds like from how it’s worded.

1 Like

Yeah whoops I missed info I already assumed was true from the post. YOU GOT ME. That in no way invalidates anything I’ve said though.

Where have I ever suggested they delay it now? The damage is done, their plan is in motion. Obviously they are not going to change anything about it, I am just pointing out the very real issues it will cause for fresh players.

You are for some reason taking that as an attack and basing your entire responses on this. I am not being “selfish” and trying to take your XP boost. Nothing will come of the complaints I am making, but they do at least make the issues known.

1 Like

Unless you have some magical unrecoverable achievement like Scarab Lord on the current TBC servers, there is little to no downside to starting on fresh servers where you have a chance to be in on the opening wave of guild creation and server development.

Is this your “You think you do, but you don’t.” moment?

Go ahead with these facts. Please share your data on fresh Wrath of the Lich King servers vs established transitioning TBC servers. Or do you have some apples you’d like to compare to armchairs?

No, you’re interpreting anger, because you’re upset. I’m getting what I want, because Blizzard isn’t going to change anything. I’m not angry or taking this as “an attack”. I’m pointing out that your demands are absurd, and would create even more anger among the community if enacted.

I’m quite calm because I’m sure even Blizzard won’t make that mistake.

WAITTTTTTTTTTT

So we can level from 1 on prepatch on fresh server??

Lol whatever dude you keep ignoring what I’m saying and claiming the issues I’m pointing out are “absurd demands” based on “ego” and “selfishness.”

Again, I haven’t made a single demand. I have never suggested they delay the XP buff they have announced. In fact the entire post was predicated on the idea of launching fresh servers early to align with the XP buff. No mention of any delay whatsoever. You’re just arguing against things I am not saying.

I am pointing out issues that exist to make them known in the hopes that maybe something will come of it. Like launching the fresh servers early, for example (as in the OP). Or another -maybe they could keep the XP buff alive for the same length of time on fresh, so that both are equal.

If that were the case, the FOMO issue I’m talking about wouldn’t exist. We would have the same amount of time with the buff on both live and fresh servers, and everyone is happy.

None of that affects you in any way. Nobody is coming after you and your XP buff. I made one off-hand comment about how personally I would prefer that they came out at the same time or not at all, and you have just taken that and run with it ad nauseum.

Since 99% of people who wanna be competitive in arena will roll human for the broken asf racial this is correct

“off hand comment” which when replied to, made you tell me how I was having a tantrum, failing to “see your logic” and then angrily try to defend the molehill you’ve created.

It’s a bad hot take, and you’re only fighting for it, because your original hot take was shot down in flames. Now you’re attempting to defend the fallacy castle you’ve created simply because someone disagreed with you.

I’m happy you realize it’s never going to happen, but that doesn’t mean you’re any less fixated on the idea simply because someone told you it was bad.

You were absolutely having a tantrum lmao you made several personal attacks at me over said “off hand comment” and became extremely defensive about the mere thought that your XP buff be delayed any further, while completely missing the point of my post. So yeah, I got snarky as hell because it was a childish overreaction and hostile response.

I don’t have a singular idea that you think I am “fixated” on. All I am trying to do is make issues known with how fresh servers are being launched, and offer up some possible remedies. That. Is. It.

What are you trying to do exactly? Because all you’ve accomplished is building a strawman out of each of my posts and arguing with me about things I haven’t said.

But I give up talking to you, its going nowhere.

Name one.

“You’re having FOMO” isn’t a personal attack, especially since you confirmed it :rofl:

I disagreed with you, then you started saying things like “Stop having a tantrum”. I’m still focused on the discussion, not the person, and the point that your stated position was actively detrimental to the community.

And while I don’t think Blizzard would ever do it, we’ve seen on multiple occasions now, that if people don’t shoot down these arguments, Blizzard can take the worst views and think they’re acceptable.

There is alot of pros and cons to timing of the fresh server release

Options pretty much are

Option 1 launches at exp event start, gives the largest player base, means that alot of people will be starting prepatch with very different amounts of gear and profession levels basically acts like a current server to someone starting at wrath launch (everyone already 70 and has professions maxed some have raid gear from various raids probably not sunwell). Encourages alot of tourists (people who like leveling but have no intentions on leaving their current servers) and pvp players to max characters to get some world pvp. Disadvantages players who can level to 70 in prepatch as they need to sub for longer before wrath

Option 2 launches at prepatch start, exp event still running, still encourages tourists and world pvp enthusiasts but less so due to limited time. Disadvantages players who cant level to 70 in prepatch and might put some off fresh completely.

Option 3 launches at launch, near 0 tourists and world pvpers (as they are doing their mains), population will be lower but more stable from day 1, no exp buff so alot of people would level 1-70 on an existing server instead of rolling fresh.

I can see like tanks in middle of brd dinging 55 and being like “good enough for me. Time to make my dk” and logging out immediately.

If they launch fresh servers with the XP buff instead of pre-patch, there’s going to be a handful of people running around with Hand of A’dal titles and people will be salty about that.

This option is off the table because the servers will be launched in a 3.4 build, not a 2.5 build. That’s why the OP converted to “Well delay the XP buff then”.