Latest version of app loads characters very slowly

Latest version of companion app for 10.0.2, loads characters very slowly, using iOS/iPadOS 16, latest hardware. Taker upwards of 2 minutes to load. Sometimes doesn’t load at all. I’ve tried shutting down all other apps, rebooting the device, nothing helps. I’d be happy to help test, just let me know.

2 Likes

Takes 45 to 65 seconds to load characters on my ipad. Very annoying, considering that it previously needed only 20 seconds at most.

2 Likes

I came here to post this very complaint. The login stalls at the 2/3 point (on Android). My phone often times out.

2 Likes

I don’t know if this gets to the engineers, but when the login stalls the UI freezes. This suggests a race condition.

2 Likes

I’ve had situations where the app will repeatedly TIMEOUT while trying to connect. There’s nothing wrong with my internet / WiFi. I can do everything else, including watching videos on mobile, with no problem.

I like to continue doing missions (Boralus, and collecting rewards from Shadowlands) especially on toons that are sitting where the mission table is NOT. And this is something I can (or should be able to do) while on break at work or anywhere away from the computer, but with how slow it is (IF I can even get on) I might be able to do 3 or 4 toons on a 15 minute break.

1 Like

mine always freezes around this point also… and by freeze i mean you can’t scroll through the news tiles or anything (sometimes it freezes right in the middle of the transition animation where it’s moving from one tile to the next). It eventually unfreezes about 60-90 seconds later, so yeah it feels like there is some timeout that is lapsing before things continue.

It’s very frustrating, almost feels like they are trying to get us to abandon the old mission tables lol. I still farm them daily for pet charms…

1 Like