Latency Issue When Connecting To Oceanic Realms From NA One!

Hello,

I was invited by a friend that plays on an Oceanic realm, As he lives in Australia. His realm is Dath’Remar and my realm is Area 52, Which is a North American realm.

Upon entering a dungeon I was helping him with for a mount, My World Latency spiked up to 17,200ms. However my Home Latency stayed low at 32ms. When I left the group as a result of this, My World Latency dropped back down to 52ms which is normal for me.

I also noted that my IPv6 connection setting got set to IPv4 (World) when I connected to this particular Oceanic Realm. Upon leaving the group my IPv6 (World) setting went back to IPv6 from IPv4.

However my IPv6 (Home) setting stayed as IPv6 when connecting to the realm in question. Only the (World) IPv6 setting changed.

I’m looking for help resolving this as we are planning on doing mount runs together in the future and want to avoid this issue in the future.

Any help appreciated!

Hi Xanlorash

Try turning IPv6 off in the game settings. You might also disable or enable > Optimize Network for Speed.

In the real world IPv6 is not much faster - in some cases it can be slower. Unless your ISP is straight IPv6 then IPv4 is fine.

World latency is the only one you need to be concerned about - that’s your main connection. Home latency is realm things. Auction house - chat - mail - those sorts of connects. It’s low bandwidth and usually doesn’t mean much unless the Realm itself is having issue.

Honestly, Welcome to OCE. This is a very big issue in OCE currently and all the guilds we (my guild) have spoken to are the same. I honestly don’t know any other OCE person / guild that does not have performance issues on our servers and all you will get from support or the forums is “local issue” or some load of BS that just = we don’t care and don’t think there is a problem.

We are currently stuck on Sire Den Mythic prog just becuase 8/10 pulls you can’t get past p1 due to the insane lag you get. here is an example post from another guild saying and showing this (plus the BS responses Mythic Denatrius P1 server lag )

OCE servers are just horrible and no one will fix. Goodluck