Last row of Hpally talents

I primarily push keys, no raiding yet, and am 2.1k rating right now. I find Virtue to be more my style in the sense of automatic big AoE healing when there’s consistent AoE damage and I need more than one Divine Toll.

I know that Glimmer is apparently the recommendation because it’s more consistent HPS but I find I don’t really want to Holy Shock everyone when they don’t need it and I can just use it to continue to damage if the tank doesn’t need the heal when it’s up. I honestly don’t really heal the DPS enough to keep Glimmer on them consistently and when sustained AoE is coming in I feel like Virtue out performs.

I was told Beacon of Faith is also a competitive talent but haven’t played around with it much. In dungeons like Plaguefall, especially on that last boss, I just cannot put the healing out in 15s+ without Virtue and that may be because I’m playing Glimmer wrong but I wanted y’all’s opinions. Am I setting myself back by being picking Virtue over glimmer, should I suck it up and put in the time to learn?

I can definitely see how Glimmer of Light would be better for raiding but when it comes to M+ I really just can’t get behind it. I continue reading guides and I read the guide by the #1 Hpally (forgot his name) but for the life of me I’m just not feeling it.

1 Like

When I heal I run beacon of faith. I also run as Necro for the interaction with the 4 piece. I mainly tank though and have only healed 20s.

I too love BoV. Especially with the 4-piece, it helps getting heals onto the range when the whole groups need it. It is weaker for tank healing, but at the key levels I’m doing that is rarely a factor unless the tank is really bad, especially at this point in the expansion.

I always use faith right now. The benefits of faith is you can put beacon on the tank and a ranged dps, thus you really only have to heal 2 people and yourself (but you have a ton of self absorbs). Using necro hammer, it is just a better divine toll as it gives 2 empowered LoD every 30 sec on 2 charges. Plus the extra lod gives you more awakening procs for even higher wings uptime.

The free lod from necro is basically a full heal on your beacon targets and a decent heal on melee targets. With the 2pc proc, the lod+necro is basically a loh for melee targets hit. Even without 2pc, a necro empowered lod can heal everyone for about 50%.

For times with heavy aoe damage like last boss plague fall, or dos masks, move the beacon from the tank to another dps. The tank isn’t often in danger during those moments, and you are generally pretty tanky with the wog self absorb conduit and bubble.

One problem with necro is if you have too many ranged dps in m+. Ideally there is 1 who takes beacon. With 2, you may need to swap the ranged beacon back and forth depending on who is taking damage in that pull, and use shock/wog(with necro hammer) on the other ranged if they need it.

With 3 ranged, you are kind of screwed and divine toll will be better, unless some of the ranged stay within lod range. That is when you should run the shadowbreaker legendary for lod range and the increase mastery effectiveness. Otherwise you run mad paragon to extend wings (you get about 80% uptime), or vanguard for aoe dps.

1 Like

I use Virtue in pvp and its made me a really good aoe healer.

Glimmer is only good if you’re doing Kyrian with the Holy Shock leggo. Everyone is doing Necrolord and double beacon right now.

Glimmer is the most fun option… sad to see that Blizzard has abandoned that playstyle.

Don’t worry, once the LoD 4 piece goes away it’ll be back to Glimmer. Lol

yea that’s my spec and leggo. I dont much care to change for the meta, too lazy and I like holy shock divine toll lol