Last Hurrah Forced Choice

“Trying to report a bug through the in-game menu just points you right back to this forum.”

You must be mistaken. In game open the ESC menu, click Support, right in the middle “Submit feedback or bug report”. You then describe the issue and submit it directly to Blizzard.

After you submit it, it says “Your reports help us resolve issues with the game. You won’t receive a response, but rest assured we will review your report.”

This is a different process than making a forum thread. Both options are necessary for Blizzard to know that there’s a problem. So please do both.

1 Like

Bumping this as with this week’s reset is still forcing me into the Zaralek Caverns and Time rift

1 Like

Oh my God as if this glitch couldn’t get worse, it’s not even defaulting to the old rotation it’s STILL forcing us to choose Zaralek. This is so disheartening man, I’ve waited months to finally be able to select the Amirdrassil option every week and now that it’s finally “here” it’s just straight up broken.

Same issue as everyone else. I cant do another Zaralek caverns weekly…I cant.

2 Likes

Same issue as everyone else. Please fix.

1 Like

Please everyone, bug report in game, this is ridiculous.

It really should’ve just been “choose which one you want to help this week” since the patch started, but no, we had have a rotation where 2 of the 3 options are excruciating to complete compared to the other one.

Now that we finally get to “choose”, we don’t get to choose after all. And there’s only 3 weeks left to do this quest before it’s inevitably nerfed. So frustrating.

2 Likes

Same problem here. Very irritating.

1 Like

Came her to say this exact thing. Happened last week as well.

1 Like

It did not force my choice when I clicked it today. However! When I completed the quest it told me “too bad for you your quest is dropped” Dropped my quest and made me pick up the forced quest. Waste of time.

1 Like

still doing for me, doesn’t give me a choice.

1 Like

With no blue response to all these bug reports, I’m beginning to think it’s not a bug? You’ve been able to choose between a couple things for a long time now, and with the expansion ending, they’re sending you to three events - 2 of which give good gear from multiple sources. I hate Zaralek with a passion, but it’s not hard to zip down there and do the Zaralek event - it’s up on the half hour, and always has lots of people doing it. Plus, a free 2 bullion from the quest that gets you either an upgrade, or transmog, or gets you close to the mount! I was salty about this quest too, but I think maybe the issue might just be that this is the only option for a reason? I wasn’t a tester on PTR though, maybe it worked differently there.

So disappointed to see the issue persists after yesterday’s maintenance

1 Like

Nah, the solution isn’t “deal with it” or “this is actually fine”. The quest says you get to choose which zone to help, as long as it’s awakened. The raids were all supposed to be awakened after week 6 of season 4, but they went back and kept the rotation for the whole season until pre-patch. Now that they are all awakened, finally, the quest stipulates that you should be able to choose which version of the quest you want to do.

I do the Last Hurrah on 20 of my alts, so yeah, it actually IS hard to “zip down there”. The Dragon Isles and Zaralek quest both suck because they have 2 events with a strict timer (Dragonbane Keep/ Soup, and Time Rifts/ Researchers Under Fire). The Amirdrassil quest only has 1 (Superbloom) So the difference between the quests is actual a factor of x2 more time you have to dedicate to making sure the characters complete the events.

There’s no blue response because they clearly don’t think this is an issue worth fixing, which is sad because a lot of people were looking forward to this. Ironically if it had just stuck to the old weekly rotation, we’d still be in better shape now because we’d be getting an Amirdrassil quest this week. Now we get nothing before TWW comes out.

But hey, at least 2 days ago they fixed… The seed chests of Ardenweald being lootable in an optional side-game for an expansion that isn’t even relevant anymore? This is just a sad joke.

This is still happening this week. Disabling al my addons it will not allow me to pick any other option and forces Zaralek Caverns on.

I too went and renamed my Addons folder temporarily to see if something was causing this to happen, but nope. A default WoW is still causing this to happen. How frustrating.

I do it on all my alts too - and I have two of most all the classes. More of certain ones…and it is, in fact, still VERY fast to ‘zip down there’! I hit a time rift, which is over pretty quick - just find a group in LFG. Then I go do the suffused camp in about 10 minutes, and then I still have about 5-10 minutes left to get to the cavern, since the Zaralek thing starts on the half hour, and I’m done. It’s shockingly fast - especially since we have dragonriding and get to places hella quick. And the zones are stuffed full of people, so all the events go incredibly quickly. I usually even hit up a Superbloom after the Time Rift, since Time Rifts tend to finish so quick, that there’s often about 8 minutes or so left on Superbloom, so I hit that up for my weekly quest/alt gear as well, then hearth back to Valdrakken go do Zaralek, which is just starting by that point. Then do Suffused Camp after, if I managed to squeeze a Superbloom in earlier, instead, since Suffused camps aren’t on an event timer.

If you’re mad because you want to pick your quest, then sure. But claiming it’s not fast, is…kinda wack. Learn to optimize your time. I can knock out all these weeklies on multiple alts an evening in a couple hours with minimal effort bc there’s 500 people doing every event since it IS the weekly. You’re guaranteed to have people doing these things, since you all have the same weekly.

I’m still thinking they might have done this on purpose though, idk - the quest gives two bullion…which is more than a boss in a raid tends to drop, even…why would a quest to do like 2 things in the Dream award that? A quest that requires you to do 3 events (that are actually all fast) being worth 2 bullion makes more sense, but they never actually told us anything…so I think miscommunication is the real error here. If they’d said ‘this is intended’ then people could complain about the correct thing…not wanting to do this easy trio of events. Instead, people are complaining about not being able to choose, when not being able to choose might have been the actual intent, and they coded it funny, so it looks like you have a choice, so people feel baited and lied to, which just upsets them more.

I do think it’s kinda crap that 2/3 of the events award decent ilvl gear, but the researcher one still awards real low ilvl stuff. But at least I’ve gotten achievements and pets out of smashing them out. Even the researcher event takes like 10 minutes, since there’s so many people basically one-shotting every single mob.

I’m not even read whatever mental gymnastics you’re pulling here. This is a bug and this is the bug report forum. I shouldn’t have to tell you how wack you look coming into a thread with 30+ disappointed people saying “Guys ackshully this is intended and good!!!”.

You may be the first person I’ve ever seen arguing on BEHALF of a bug. Stop replying, lmao.

1 Like

August 3rd… STILL happening.

1 Like

Three weekly resets and still happening. Really frustrating as a player who almost exclusively does open-world content.

1 Like

Still happening to me too. This is a critical issue for players and is as of yet still unresolved.

1 Like