Lash of the Void not working with talented abilities like Ascendence?

A little breakdown for you folks,

I got a 460 Unguent Caress off of Ra-Den tonight. I play Enhance (dont tell me to play Ele) and so I popped Ascendance and noticed that the Lash of the Void doesnt proc at all in the 15 second window.

I read Lash of the Void and saw “Your attacks have a chance”. So first off im wondering if the effect triggers from abilities or auto-attacks. Well anyway, moving on…

Ascendance changes Stormstrike into Windstrike while “transforming your auto-attacks into wind attacks” and with that being known, id assume that the attacks being made are still those that should trigger Lash of the Void.

I only have a very small sample of information in front of the dummy but coming in starting off with Ascendance has yielded me 0 procs of Lash of the Void in a 15 second run (the duration of the CD) Walking up to a Dummy and just Stormstriking for 15 seconds without using Ascendance yielded me at least 1 Lash.

So my question is simply this, Should Ascendance yield Lash of the Void procs in a perfect world? Is there a chance that its bugged if I’m not seeing them in a 15 second window?

Maybe you’re just really unlucky. :thinking: