Lake of Fire Warlock rune stolen from me

I’m here to air out a complaint of what I think may be one of the most egregious design decisions I have seen in some time.

Earlier today, I head over to hillsbrad to grab my lake of fire rune. I buy the bomb which costs 5g, and head over to durnholde to blow up the rubble and claim the rune in prep for my meta tanking spec.

I drop the bomb, blow up the rubble and as the chest appears, another lock comes and steals the chest. I thought nothing of it, just assumed it would respawn and I’d get the rune and move on. NOPE. The rubble just respawns, I’m now out 5g and have no rune to show for it.

Why in the world would you create a situation where another player can legitimately essentially rob you of 5 gold at this stage in the game where gold is so scarce?

I confronted the other player about it and they played dumb and acted as if I was trying to steal the rune from them, stating “What? How do I know you weren’t stealing the rune from me?”

So essentially, now I need to spend another 5g buying the bomb and then looting the chest to get my rune, meaning this cost me 10g and I’m poor again. Extremely cringe experience.

I’m posting this mainly to try to warn other warlocks to watch out when trying to get this rune. But also a small part of me wishes someone at blizzard sees this and tries to remedy the situation. This is quite frankly BS.

8 Likes

If this is true, that seems like a big oversight. I foresee multiple locks just hovering around the rubble waiting for someone to come bomb it so they can try to steal the chest.

There’s a Druid one similar to that.

Gotta collect 3 flowers to spawn an enemy.

Could take up to an hour to find all 3, or they are purchasable on AH.

That enemy tag can be stolen from you though, and now you have to go collect 3 more or purchase more.

I’ve heard mixed reports that they fixed it already so it shares the tag but haven’t confirmed.

1 Like

Some of the ways to get rune are really cool but they have made some of them cost way to much gold to get or encouraging toxic behavior to get them faster.