Lagging but latency the same?

Ever since the last reset, I’m getting much higher than usual lag, but the latency appears to be in normal (145-180 to both West and East coast. But when Im playing it feels like its 500+?

Before the last reset, everything felt normal? Anyone have any ideas? Tried Exitlag but didnt change anything, seems to be higher during nights

5 Likes

yeah been having similar issues, seems to happen from OCE realms connecting to US i’ve got a few friends on US server that are australian and dont have any issues

5 Likes

Same here. Saw my ping as normal. My abilities got some delays. Did H Rygelon US pug. I was out of the one shot zone and still die.

5 Likes

Definitely noticed the same issue. Some abilities are taking quite a few seconds to register…
In some of the worst cases, I’m standing there for minutes between quest cutscenes and dialogue.

3 Likes

I’ve this problem too. I can’t even play without the lag and I’m so frustrated ever since WOTLK launch…

1 Like

bumping, same issue with me the past few days; home ms is normal but world ms spikes to 200-600 with it being higher in instanced content

1 Like

This is what I noticed. Playing from asia.

Play on Oceanic toons = Oceanic is fine, Lag on US groups
Play on US toons = US is fine, lag on Oceanic groups.

1 Like

Been having this same issue for a couple weeks now. Ping will sit on 14 but feels like 500+ throughout the entirety of the instance.

I am getting the same issue, tested it in arena today playing with an American player as team lead. Half the games my ping showed oceanic latency but was lagging way more than usual with a 1-2 sec delay and the other half of the games my ping was showing US latency but I had a lot less lag and the game felt a lot smoother. All these games were played on US servers.

1 Like

Im having the same or similar issues playing on oceanic was 58 ms world and home now its at 200 ms home and uo to 1300ms world tried tesetting modem etc but nothing seems to have occured atleast 1 to 2 weeks ago :frowning:

1 Like

BUMP.

Exactly same problem here.
Playing from Asia, playing on Frostmourne.

Ping is around 130-135, OCE is totally fine. Every time I go to dungeons with US leader, my ping is still around 130 but it feels like 500+.
I did a raid last night and raid was fine for some reason. Even with the US lead.
Since I’m not in neither US or OCE countries, I used to be able to play on both servers with no problems, around 130 ping.

1 Like

Bumping again also.

Still having the issue and have done some observations:
It only occurs on certain US realms. The only one i’ve been able to 100% pinpoint is the Emerald Dream realm so my guess is that it’s whatever data centre that one’s in.

Using Emerald Dream, if you have someone phase you over to it then the lag is present. But when making your own character on the server it plays normally.
Also tested VPNs and no matter the ISP it goes through the lag is still there.

Submitted a bug report with all this information as per customer support recommendation.

2 Likes

I hardly ever get lag, but I was getting a lot of it in Oribos last night.

Same here. Seem to have major latency with certain US servers. Oce and US west seem fine though.

2 Likes

Yeah, I play on the oceanic servers myself. I used to play, stopped around wrath of the lich king. I decided to play again recently, made many characters and loving the game. Then the newest expansion came out and before, maybe i had it bad but it was barely noticeable for me. NOW i’m getting frequent lag. I’ve counted lowest being 5 seconds, others feeling like 8. Maybe more? In combat, as you can probably assume, its getting frustrating. I’m hoping it’s maybe my internet, but considering others experience lag on these servers im thinking its not just me.
Edit: Though i’ve only played my evoker since newest expansion, I have a feeling i will probably get it on them too. Maybe it’s just the map itself? I can’t be sure.

Update: I was able to lower it, but the lag still happens and is definitely there. So idk if this is more blizzard and the servers or if on my end. Never had this problem before, so idk.
Edit: also, dont mind me. this is also me, I just switched profiles and forgot.

Could be frame drops and your just interpreting it as lag.