Lag/Jittering with every quest hand-in/Level up

Same problem. Tried the fixes listed and no change. It’s happening in BFA zones and everywhere else I’ve messed around.

Same issue here. Proudmoore US.

Same issue here. Lastest patch did it :frowning:

This has been happening to myself and a friend as well. It also occurs when trying to open up things like the Mechanized Chests on Mechagon.

1 Like

can you please update blizz.
will the maintenance tonight fix it

Got this going since the patch, really disruptive.

Been having the same issue since the patch dropped. Anytime I complete a world quest, hand in a quest, or level up, my fps suddenly drops in half causing the game to freeze for a good 2-3 seconds.

It’s incredibly disruptive, as the above post put it.

When looting I get the flicker as well. Be nice if it gets fixed soon; I’m unable to play due to seizure risk.

2 Likes

Tried resetting network, as well as doing other troubleshooting. Wife’s computer not having the issue. Mine is.

I hadn’t realized until now that this post wasn’t explicitly about Classic. I have been having this issue in Classic. I haven’t played Retail in 5 weeks.

Still experiencing this as of 11:25

Have had the lag issues upon quest turn in, wq completion, rare mob kills, and hearthing since 8.2.5 came out. Saw some patch came out last night but it did not resolve anything.

Today’s maintenance did nothing to fix it. Just went to Mechagon to open some chests and the 3sec lag is still there.

1 Like

Glad I’m not the only one.
Lag on opening things, killing rare mobs, completing quests, killing bosses in dungeons.

Once or twice the Blizzard Voice chat exited the call I was in and I disconnected from the WoW server.

Same here, thought it was an addon issue. Tried deactivating everything but the issue remains. This is an 8.2.5 issue all the way.
I’ve also tried updating drivers, OS, clearing cache and wtf. It remains.

Hotfix it please for tonight raiding :woozy_face:

Same here too! I’ve reset/removed addons, done all steps requested as above, turn off/on WM, and doesn’t matter what zone I’m in. Only started since 8.2.5.

Screen freeze/tearing for a second or two after each quest completion, opening chests, etc.

Update: The screen freeze/lag/tearing is happening immediately after a rare is killed as well.

Hotfix this morning helped a little, but I’m still getting unexplained lag spikes here and there, most notably during quest turn ins

1 Like

Still doing it on all toons of all levels in all zones - horde and alliance. Noob zones, mid level on Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms. Made a DH last night and playing through the intro/story phase, doing it there as well.

If yesterday’s hotfixes were supposed to help, they didn’t with the quest turn-ins just yet. Still getting freezes everytime a quest completes (including hidden ones like on rare mob, boss, etc. kills)

Same for me, I get a 1-2 Second FPS drop every time i turn in a quest, complete a world quest, complete a mission on the mission board, etc.