Lag in Random bg's?

It’s rare for me to have lag in instanced pvp - even epics. Now I’m seeing lag in every random bg I play - about a 2 to 3 second delay on abilities. Has anyone experienced this?

For reference I’m seeing no lag in arena or skirms. At the moment it only seems to be in randoms. I’m trying to see if it happens in instanced pve as well.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

I suffer from the same issue these days (I believe due to lack of pvpers it’s connecting us with players/server too far away. As soon as I leave/disconnect from bg it’s fixed (which confirms it).

There is a theory which is related to all of the RNG which is constantly going on between spells/abilities and now corruptions.
Millions of dice being rolled in one enclosed area.

1 Like

Could it be that I’m not seeing this in arena because it needs fewer people to ‘connect’?
I’ll report back after more testing.

The list of my damage sources on details is a mile long, guessing around 15 difference sources. Multiply that by 20 and you have 300 damage sources the game has to individually scale. Then you have all the buffs/procs from azerite trats and corruption nonsense and the game has to compute entirely too much stuff.

1 Like

So are you experiencing this lag as a result as well? Or is it time for me to upgrade my machine?

I haven’t played epics since the end of korraks leveling up an alt. They’ve always lagged for me and I got a fancy pc. Turning down the graphics does nothing but improve framerates.

Regular bgs haven’t been that bad but I do get random lag spikes where everyone is on a treadmill for a second or two then it all catches up. Sometimes its a team fight and sometimes its when watching an empty base.

The game as a whole doesn’t feel fluid this patch imo.

everything i do in this game is for that bg reward at the end where i can que and actually have fun. tons of dailies and pve just to get gear for bg’s and they fried my last computer by over clocking it.
i stopped playing completely when my new comp over heated in asharan.
i haven’t played in weeks. i could play the game outside of bg’s, but what is the point?

I have been getting bad lag in random bgs, it’s only in bgs. When I leave, everything is fine. 36ms Home, 37 World, enter a BG, 36ms Home, 300+ World.

When I leave, the World MS slowly returns to normal and mechanically, my character acts as if it’s 36 again.

Yes, the lag this patch is awful.

8.1 was fine.

Ok so I managed to get in 6 bgs today.
It felt a bit better but the lag/delay was distinct and very apparent in Seething Bore.

I also did about 5 2v2 games, some wpvp, and the new raid. So far only seeing the lag in random bgs. Oh. I did one Wintergrasp with zero lag. Lol.

Update. (posting on my mage because i can’t reply to my own thread. :rofl: :man_shrugging:)

It’s getting really bad in all instanced content now. Anything over 15 people is unplayable with anywhere from 5 to 20+ seconds of delay. I checked with others in the various instance groups and some were experiencing the same (not all).

I was convinced that the various essences and corruptions were the culprit, but some are saying its the ddoss attacks that are causing it? I can literally only do arena at this point.