Lag as bad as WoD launch day in WPVP

Today to my pleasant surprise, there were actually raid-sized battles raging between Horde and Alliance in Drustvar. But almost immediately my enthusiasm turned to disappointment. I tried for hours to engage in epic warfare, but I haven’t seen lag this bad since the release of WoD when I first tried to start up my garrison quests.

The lag was crippling, and most of the time, my actions and sound effects were a blend of abilities I casted several seconds ago with reactions and enemy counters I never saw.

Please fix this. What ever you guys did this patch, you drew a lot of PvPers out of the word work. Fix this while the momentum is on our side.

4 Likes

Doesn’t help that the sharding constantly tries to rebalance and screws things up even more. Being ejected from a battle on one shard and thrown out of the fight and into the middle of a crowd of opposing faction is super frustrating. And if it’s doing this constantly with everyone, it’s no wonder there’s extra lag. It’s bad enough with the 40v40s going on right now, but the game is ping ponging everyone not in the raid groups between like 5 shards.

1 Like

Imagine sharding back in the days of Tauren Mill VS South Shore.

Never would have been those times if sharding was introduced back then.

Sharding isn’t inherently bad at all. The problem seems to be the rate in which the system redetects and tries to reallocate the shards. There have been ridiculous amounts of complaints about large amounts of server delays while having perfect ping in the areas sharding is involved the most. Not only is the rampant resharding frustrating in the large battles, but I’m wondering if it’s not causing the server delay itself due to rapidly trying to reallocate players.

People have been complaining about lag in Drustvar and Tiragarde for awhile, and any zone that has an elite WQ active will have server delays from players hopping around between shards. And Blizzard’s sharding system automatically does that shuffling when war mode is enabled.

You know it’s Tarren Mill, right? It has nothing to do with our race.

1 Like