Ladies Lounge and Megathread

Earlier this afternoon I saw that this thread had been updated “1 minute ago”, but at the time yours was the latest at 3 days old. Either some posts were pruned or there’s voodoo afoot!

2 Likes

“Forum Gremlins. Never know when they will strike.”
/giggle

1 Like

I didn’t feed them after midnight or get them wet, so I’m sticking with voodoo. Or ggggggghosts!
:ghost:

1 Like

Yes needless to say where my glorious blue self looks this bad - the forums are not in a game mode at the moment :slight_smile:

Woke too early - I see a crash in my futire /giggle

I got up at 4:30am today. I know what you mean.

“You aren’t the only one in here, that has access to food. Someone else could have left out food after Midnight.”
/giggle

So, the ghosts fed the voodoo gremlins? Makes total sense!

1 Like

“Just out of curiosity, You do know the story of the original Gremlins, right? Not those critters from the Movie.”

No, but my dad used to always blame them for why his carburetor was out of adjustment a very long time ago. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

“Yes… THOSE Gremlins.”
/grin

1 Like

Well thank you.

2 Likes

“I was hoping people would return, and help breathe life back into this thread.”
/happy grin

1 Like

Ah, I thought there was going to be a Brothers Grimm type tale about Gremlins. I had a thick book written by them that I read as a child. It’s not exactly what people today would consider kid friendly, but I loved the stories.

2 Likes

“Their original stories were ALL very dark. They were never intended for children, but they were rewritten to be put in a book of Children’s Stories. They are actually a collection of Folk Stories, that the Brothers collected during their travels.”

2 Likes

oh geez… i was just going to bed at that time :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

kitty let me sleep for a whole 4 hours, i’m feeling pretty refreshed :smiley:

3 Likes

Hanzel and Gretel is one that I can recall. I went from there to The Odyssey and then moved on to years of working my way through the Steven King books, including the Bachman books. My whole family is from Maine, and my grandmother even sold him a set of tires back in the early 80’s. She lived in Old Town which is just outside of Bangor. He tends to ramble, but I enjoy the story when it all comes together. :books:

I even got to see him at an AC/DC concert in Portland riding on Angus’ shoulders when they wrote the soundtrack for the movie Maximum Overdrive. The 80’s were a lot of fun🙂

1 Like

So, cat nap! :smiley:

1 Like

“Color me green. I so envy her that honor. I would LOVE to meet him someday. I collect both, his Movies and his Books.”

“I grew up reading him, Jules Vern, and H. P. Lovecraft.”

1 Like

always.
…but I’ll endure the morning first.
it’s water aerobics day.

2 Likes

There’s a passage in The Stand that took place at an abandoned ball field on the corner of route 4 and route 9 that I remember reading. The fun part is that my dad had our house built in 77’ on a lot that used to be a ball field on that same corner, and I was living there when I read it at the time. I remember bringing the book to my mom and saying, “Read this paragraph, and tell me if this is where we are right now.”

1 Like