Ladies Lounge and Megathread

Yea cats are somewhat notorious for only wanting [food you do not currently have in the house] sometimes :joy: The probability they’ll start hating a kind of food is directly proportional to how many packages of said food you bought (usually, because said food was the only thing they didn’t look at like it’s a turd, that will be a big amount at the point in time absolute love turns into absolute disgust.)
:bouquet::heart_eyes_cat: - > :pouting_cat::hocho:

As for the not drinking, while that can be concerning, some wet foods are so wet that he’ll still not end up being severely dehydrated. You could check out cat milk or those “soup” types of cat food some companies have now too though, if you feel like you have to do something.

he had previously been on a full prescription diet of dried food.
he’d been having allergic reactions to regular cat food.
after a couple of months of no progress, i put my thinking cap on, and asked the vet if i could give him regular cat food, and treat the allergy… instead of having him be constipated all the time, and giving him more and more laxatives.
she said to give it a go, and so far it’s been ok. (from a reaction standpoint)
chicken has been the only thing which has caused him to rip his fur out, so i stopped with chicken.

i’ve been able to get almost a full cup of water into his daily meals.
last night i switched from “in jelly” to “in gravy”, and the “in gravy” varieties are much more liquid, and easier to mix water into.

the thing with not liking water seems to have been a trauma… i think he must have knocked a water bowl while playing soccer, and frightened himself.
if i put water near him, his ears go back, and he slinks away. :frowning:

he has a fountain which he’s always loved, and a few times he’s looked like he was going to drink, then didn’t.

i got him some milk, he will drink it, but ONLY if i hold the dish.

he did another sloppy :poop: this morning, so i reduced his lactulose to 3ml instead of 5ml.
i don’t want to reduce too quickly, i want to make sure things are moving really well, and keep moving.
he is looking MUCH less bloaty today.
such a relief, he was borderline needing to go back for another enema.

Massive thanks to everyone who has been supporting us through this cat drama with suggestions and advice!!!

3 Likes

“Anytime. I hope he keeps improving.”

2 Likes
1 Like

It’s raining and snowing where I am.

1 Like

“I love snow, but don’t like rain.”

1 Like

I just want it to warm up already, this is getting ridiculous. 1hr 15 minutes it’s going to be April.

1 Like

“I think Mother Earth is trying to heal herself.”

Yeah, maybe that solar x flare did something to the atmosphere when it hit earth.

1 Like

“Yeah. Gave her a jump start.”
/lol

Oh poor boy :pensive: allergies suck. He’s lucky he has you. The only thing I can think of with regards to him being scared of his water bowl is what I used to do with my dog whenever she didn’t drink which was essentially just dipping my finger into the water, letting her lick my finger about a million times and then eventually she’d drink from the bowl herself, but I’m not sure if that would work with your cat or if you’ve already tried that. I hope he keeps feeling better, so the two of you can relax a bit soon

3 Likes

already tried with finger drips.
he’ll take the milk that way, but not the water.

i’ll just keep putting it in his food.
the “with gravy” options are much easier to get water into.

i was able to get so much water into him this morning, that i even let him have a tiny bit of dry food just so he could have something crunchy for variety, because if he starts refusing the wet food, i’ll run out of options.

i guess the dry food expanded well and has kept him satisfied.
he’s still sleeping at 7pm, he normally would have been screaming that he’s starving around 6.

i backed off the laxatives a small amount this morning after the 2 x sloppy poop, but will give the usual doses tonight, and continue to monitor and adjust accordingly.

i’d rather it be sloppy, than not moving at all.
it’s a bit scary when he starts getting so bloated that it impacts his walking.

2 Likes

as promised. :grimacing:

I feel like I should be embarrassed…? Hooray for anonymity :stuck_out_tongue:

3 photos in the album.
I had to open the doors because the glass was reflecting.
The 3rd pic is the wall to the side.
I found some nursery wall stickers, and needed to add them to the collection.
…then I found some bear tie-backs for the curtains. I hate tie-backs, but… BEARS! :smile:

There is also a massive bear which didn’t make the photo.
About the size of an 8 year old human.
It sits in a chair in the corner with another large bear on its lap.

1 Like

Are you using tap water or bottled water?

the tap water here is beautiful.
he was always fine drinking it.
when he stopped drinking it, i tried bottled water.

he won’t touch it.

1 Like

Ah ok got you was just trying to rule that out.

“That is a NICE collection. I think I remember seeing the Big ones, a while back. That is when you first mentioned you collect them. I think you were showing off the place when you first got it.”
/grin

1 Like

i constantly tell myself “ENOUGH!”… but then i see something i didn’t know existed, and need to rescue!

the big ceramic cookie jar, a stunning music box, candles, books, bags, photo frames, stationery… i’ve REALLY run out of space now though. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

“You need a bigger house.”
/giggle

YES!!

that’s the solution!

1 Like