Ladies Lounge and Megathread

I just did an oil change on the Mercury not too long ago.

I used to work in a garage for a little bit of time doing basic maintenance stuff. That isn’t an easy job some of the tires on lifted trucks are easily 100 pounds or more and you have to lift them up to waste height sometimes depending on the lift you used. It was def a workout.

And that is just basic maintenance stuff… this isn’t counting changing heads or other heavier parts. Dealing with stripped bolts or studs having to hold up something while using a tool with the other hand. Mashing your finger with a hammer (oooow).

8 Likes

I may not be a Lady, but I’m all psycho! :crazy_face:

8 Likes

“My love, in that sense, has always been Carpentry. I love building stuff.”

5 Likes

“For you, my beautiful, and dangerous, sister…”

/mischievous giggle
/dance

4 Likes

I don’t know much about hockey (please don’t tell the other Canadian’s or they’ll take my maple syrup away) but I have a black belt in karate and a degree in a male dominated field, if that counts as stereotype avoidance.

Edit:

Some of my best childhood memories are the smell of freshly cut wood while my dad finished the basement and made some custom furniture!

I loved going to home depot with him and I used to think I was going to marry Bob Villa when I grew up too, lol. So I totally understand this on a very deep level! :heart:

4 Likes

“I use to hang sheet rock, and help on a Construction Crew, back in my early teens. My Grandfather was a Carpenter, and I would love watching him, learning from him, and playing with the scraps, to build doll stuff. I have built many Bookshelves, stage props, and even helped my Husband build our 10 ft x 16 ft porch.”

“It’s a great stress relief too, pounding nails into wood.”
/grin

3 Likes

Grew up on a farm. I can relate.

5 Likes

“My Grandfather owned a 40 acre Alfalfa Ranch. I didn’t grow up on it, but I did spend a lot of time there.”
/smile

5 Likes

Can the dudes come in here as well. The other one got nuked :frowning:

6 Likes

“You? Of Course!!”
/hugs

6 Likes

Same. It was grandpa’s farm but we all lived on it. Dad was a logger, and mom was a nurse, but everyone did some work on the farm.

4 Likes

stands outside the window and cheers everyone on

7 Likes

“Don’t be shy. Come on in.”
/grin

4 Likes

That sounds like a lot of happy memories! I love to build too. :hugs:

4 Likes

/boots the door open while carrying a tray of snacks.

Hey hey! My fellow short…folk…

Is… Is this not the laddies lounge?
/leaves tray of food

Come along cinnamon, we’ll find where we belong one day.
:sunrise: :dracthyr_comfy_sip::chipmunk:

9 Likes

This one’s probably gonna follow, especially if we start playing nice with each other.
If there’s one thing the immortal, ineffable They fret over more than either men or women getting along amongst their own, it’s men and women getting along together. In that way we could conquer an entire planet. Have, even.

11 Likes

“Times are changing. They may as well get use to it.”
/giggle
/grin

4 Likes

So much of that. I really wanna see us commoners get along more and start calling out the real issues.

3 Likes

Hello, I am here to be a part of things.

6 Likes

“Welcome to the Party.”
/hugs
/grin

5 Likes