Lack of responses from blues

why is there even a community manager for the Forums? there has been no response from the blues in the Battleground forms in ages… what’s the point of even having a manager if they won’t even do their job providing updates? I think it’s time to let the lead manager go and hire a new one that will answer the community

I think you misunderstand their “job”. They are not necessarily there to always be interacting. Their main charge is to gather feedback to present to the developers. This does not necessarily require a response.

In fact, they want the conversation to develop organically, and not aided by Blizzard directing it any direction.

6 Likes

Suggesting someone be fired because you don’t get to see them post and don’t really understand their role is a little silly.

CMs do more than just ‘provide updates’. Not sure what sort of updates you’re hoping for. Usually communications about changes to the game are posted in the General Discussion forums or via the News section of the main website.

10 Likes

whatever happened to the old blues who used to post on the forms to their community on a regular basis that’s not a thing anymore

you had my attention right up until “battleground forums”

1 Like

Unfortunately, we can likely blame the community in general. Just about any time a CM would post, either the post would get completely derailed or criticized/mocked/etc. So now, they tend to post only when there’s pertinent information to either be given to customers or for requesting info for things like bugs, connection issues, etc.

A good example is the Class tuning post in the general forums. It’s about class tuning yet some of the first replies are asking for an addon to be fixed :frowning:

9 Likes

First thing, “Blues” have never really posted on a “regular” basis, unless you mean in these Support forums. In the Community forums, it’s never really been a regular thing.

But if they have posted less and less over the years, you can really blame the playerbase for it. Any Blue response generally attracts many trolls looking for attention, and it also breeds the whole “you respond here, but not to me” whinefest.

7 Likes

The playerbase really haven’t shown themselves the well behaved folks that they like to act they do. Meaning; they would act like half starved pack of dogs and attack whomever blue that posted. So much so, the whole point of the blue posting is lost under the waves of posts from players wanting this, that and the other thing and attacking the blue for personal issues they had for the game, etc.

6 Likes

I’m just interested in why there’s no response about fixing Legacy raids / being able to use Covenant abilities and low-level BG’s / classes being overturned one player being able to take their abilities and killing 6 players within 5 Seconds / and BFA content scaling with shadowlands they refuse to address these issues these are core problems

Because they’re not there to detail every last thing the devs are working on. More to the point, they’re not there to detail everything in the works.

2 Likes

It would be announced when it’s hotfixed. You’re not likely to see an announcement until then.

Will also be announced when hotfixed.

Class tuning is starting on January 12th, as per the blogs.

Would also be announced when they hotfix it.

They don’t actually owe players an answer on it.

2 Likes

There is a massive difference between “refuse to address” and “needs time to address” such issues.

Also, if they are refusing to address them, then maybe it’s time to accept things the way they are, and stop demanding they fix things they aren’t going to “fix”. There are millions of players with millions of different opinions on how the game should be. The only opinion that matters is Blizzard’s.

5 Likes

You and people like you who call for them to be fired.

9 Likes

You don’t get to make that decision. Your desire for answers does not require you to make any statement about someone’s job. I think it’s time for players to keep their opinion about someone else’s job to themselves.

Edit:
Blizzard employees do not deserve the animosity shown by players when players don’t understand why things are done the way they are.

I don’t normally post the Code of Conduct because in most cases it’s not needed.

Harassing or Defamatory

This category includes both clear and masked language and/or links to websites containing such language or images which:

Insultingly refer to other characters, players, Blizzard employees, or groups of people
Result in ongoing harassment to other characters, players, Blizzard employees, or groups of people

If a player is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will:

Be given a temporary ban from the forums, depending upon severity

Harassment takes many forms, and is not necessarily limited to the type of language used, but the intent. Repeatedly targeting a specific player with harassment can lead to more severe action. The idea behind this is to prevent any one player from consistently being uncomfortable in the forums.

6 Likes

Posting in the Customer Support forum suggesting that our colleagues be fired isn’t recommended.

If you would like to provide constructive feedback to the Community Managers, they have made it possible to do so through email. You can find that information in the “Welcome! Please Read” post at the top of the General Discussion forums:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/welcome-please-read/130730

6 Likes