Lack of blue posts

I hope the lack of any blue posting and the lack of any new 8.1 news or PTR builds is a result of the developers working overtime trying to fix this heaping pile of garbage expansion

2 Likes

I’m sure CMs work on the game…
In case you can’t tell, that was sarcasm…

7 Likes

If you have suggestions to improve 8.1, the PTR forums are the place for those.

Harassing Blizzard employees en masse or individually is not appropriate anywhere, however.

3 Likes

Dude the only one even remotely hinting at harassment is you.

2 Likes

So bad you’re addicted and can’t quit OP?

There was literally a new blue post by Ythisens a few hours ago…

they are playing pokiemon go on their phones they dont have time to post.

1 Like

He doesn’t count

3 Likes

Have a look for yourself

It doesnt look much better there.

1 Like

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/72/Dave_Silverman.svg/1200px-Dave_Silverman.svg.png

Seriously? Which blues are you expecting? Because I get a gut feeling people like Bornakk or Vrak are not going to satisfy in that case either. Is it not a valid Blue post unless Lore posts? Does Ion himself have to part the heavens and descend into the same froums that want him fired?

When does it count and when does it not. If Ythisens does not count then is the argument truly “There is a lack of Blue Posts” or “There is a lack of Lead Developer Posts”???

2 Likes

Union break

1 Like

Sorry, I really appreciate Ythinsens and enjoy his posts, but to me he feels more like an MVP green poster who happens to have blue text.

1 Like

Twelve blue posts in the past week.

You can literally click a button at the top of the page and it will show all of them to you.

Most were actually on substantive topic threads, not fluff, too.

1 Like

He is paid by Blizzard to represent the team. Get off of your high horse.

You know, I can kinda get what you mean to a degree. He is certainly very laid back and casual, but that’s what I like most about our Overyak. Feels more personable than business professional robotic.

I do get where you guys would be coming from with that though.

Well, there are some similarities for sure. CMs can’t post about game changes or development unless the Devs allow them to. Much like MVPs can’t. People accept it a lot easier knowing that Greens are not staff. Where as CMs are, but are not allowed to post the juicy stuff players want to hear. It means CMs and MVPs do overlap in what we can say, to a point.

I think you answered your own question.

As they have admitted on occasion, cms aren’t devs, and can’t share stuff that devs can without permission.

In reality, they’re more of a go between…an in some cases, the going is still waiting (one notable example are the people still waiting for the answer from that diablow anniversary event).

“Part the heavens and descend into the forums.” Well, if that doesn’t sum up the current attitude towards the playerbase perfectly, I’m not sure what does. Yes, I’m sure we’ll get the “just being sarcastic” response, but since wod that’s the perception that the staff has given of being out of touch, aloof, arrogant, dismissive, and distant from their customers.

One they only stoke with oversized gifs, images, and slogans like “check your baggage,” “tinfoil hat,” etc.

And of course posting more on third party sites and social media than they do their own website and forums, especially for major announcements. This one has improved to some degree…but you still want to see the lead dev’s thoughts on the game? Head to forbes or some other site, because you’ll find them there more than you’ll see them here.

Which is unfortunate, because as much as people disagreed and debated with people like ghostcrawler and…at least he showed his face on and wrote articles on the wow website.

Not saying ghostcrawler and others didn’t have their own issues, but at least you didn’t get blindsided multiple times with third party news dumps on a holiday weekends.

They post here. Why just yesterday a blue was begging for votes for that CBS game award show.

1 Like

Those blues are the fluffers of wow… they are just to keep us ‘engaged’ and playing.

So more or less CMs are useless?

1 Like