Kyrain Resto Shaman DPS

I am wondering what should be a typical average DPS for a kyrian Rshaman. I see some youtubers hitting 5k to 6k average for an M+ run. I am NOT coming close to them numbers.

it’s going to depend on your group. a good group that takes little damage frees you up to cast CL spam a lot, which helps considerably. i’m doing 4-5k overall in most keys according to details, which isn’t amazing but i’m fairly happy with it. i think 4k is a reasonable number to aim for, but if you end up with a group that requires you to do nothing but heal you’re going to end up lower sometimes.

wcl reports are always going to show lower totals, so if you’re comparing your logs to a streamer’s details report, that makes a difference too…

1 Like

What Pyri said.
If your group is taking a lot of avoidable damage and you have to heal more than dps it sucks.
It also depends on pull size.
Vesper totem legendary works great with bigger pulls obviously and being able to spam CL while your dps are stunning and interrupting properly makes a huge difference. As well as if the tank can sustain themselves.
Granted my shaman if only 225, but I’ve ended dungeons between 2k and 6k overall dps purely dependant on the skill of the group.

Yeah, it really depends on your group and how good they are at avoiding avoidable damage. When I pug, I’m mostly just healing my booty off because most DPS will just stand in stuff or won’t run out of the group and what not. I want to dps too but it just doesn’t make the stress of trying to get eveyones health back so I just stay in healer mode and get in a little flameshocks and LB procs in here and there. If I happen to get a good group that knows what they’re doing, it’s so much more fun because then I can spam CL and it just makes the run easier and faster. In those instances, my dps hovers between 4k and 6k especially if I have my elemental out with earthquake.

I think that’s just the puglife. I can get over 10k easily on packs with vesper totem out when it’s a good group who are dodging and interrupting, unfortunately most runs I’ve done require nearly constant healing. I’d say I usually end around 2k or 3k.

Totally depends on group, affix, etc. Most weeks I’m hitting 4-4.5k in high keys. Some groups even 5-5.5k.

There are also times I’ll be 3-3.5k because tanks are pulling 1 pack at a time. But in 15s with a stacked group can even hit 7k or so overall.