KSM/scoring question

This is surely a dumb question, but despite reading a few articles about it, it’s just not sinking in for me. For Keystone Master this season, is it effectively necessary to, at minimum, time all eight dungeons at +15 twice (once with fortified, and a second time with tyrannical)?

Pretty much, yes. You don’t even need to time them. As long as your score hits 2k you will get KSM. So just completing all dungeons at 15-16 over both Tyrannical and Fortified should get you KSM.

Effectively, yes, but you can always push to 16/17 on the affix you like and drop a couple on the ones you don’t. It’s pretty flexible.

Great, thanks for the clarification. :slight_smile:

Is the score at failed 16 and above really spiking that high? The score penalty for an untimed 15 is something like 15% so no one can realistically get 2k score with sixteen failed 15s.

The difference between a timed 15 and un-timed 16 is less than 7 points. Once you pass 15s the points per key are very small for timed or not. Mind you, this is compared to last season’s key values.
I don’t think I’m a fan of how the new score works to be honest. As long as you finish the dungeon without a few minutes it’s not a massive points loss. 15% of 7 points is not a lot to worry about. Just like the 10 points or so you might get for timing a key level higher. Guess we’ll just see where things end up.

The gap between players who have timed all 16s vs 17s is only like 100 points now. It’s much harder to distinguish than it was before. Like you said, after 15s the points per level is miniscule compared to the exponential growth we saw in season 1. I’m not a fan.

And you still need use Raider IO to find out if the spec they’re applying for is the top IO. I’m over 2k on both Dps and Tank now, but before that everyone thought I was a 2.1k tank and not dps. shrug

Yeah, I still use the website to see spec, covenant, run history, and like you said what spec they timed their keys on.

I do think it’s amusing that the “3rd party website” people thought blizz was killing io. Blizzard has yet to ever fully implement any player created feature, especially on the first iteration. Ilvl isn’t gearscore (gearscore allowed you to weight certain items that were bis, like the expertise trinket). The quest helper isn’t a full rip of questhelper or even questie. The dungeon journal isn’t a replacement for places like tankspot. Eventually they’ll implement an in-game Sim feature and it will be featureless and dead. That is, once they give up on trying to make ilvl > stats.

1 Like