KSM Rant - You Upped The Bar!

In previous seasons I could do a single week with all 13’s and the next at all 14’s and get 2k no problem! In fact, most dungeons had scores like 255 - 258 etc so slightly more then needed.

I just did a +5, and with my +4 from last week only 244 for that dungeon. Meaning I am STILL short of the 250 per dungeon.

If a +5 = a +15 I am already OVER what I did previous seasons, and I still wont get KSM?

I feel baited. I wanted the KSM mount, but I hate M+ and have 0 desire to do a +6 key. I never farmed “aspect” crests previously. I don’t want “aspect” crests. I just want wyrms and KSM

+5 is not equivalent to a +15 from last season. It’s mathematically a 10 but the lack of affixes make it significantly easier than that.

5 Likes

+2’s are supposed to be like a 10.

Pugs are barely timing the 5’s. I haven’t seen a key +3 at the end. I don’t enjoy stressful keys. That’s why previously I never went over a 14.

You had to 3 chest 13s both weeks previously for ksm. I dont really know anyone who did that though everyone just did a few higher keys at ++ or +. Seems pretty similar to season 3 tbh i had 1800 week 2 with 0 8s done.

2 Likes

i’d say its mostly because of how overtuned df dungeons are
they are awful and not fun to do compared to last seasons selection

praying war within dungeons aren’t so terrible

2 Likes

It’s felt equally easy to get both ksm and ksh this season, imo.

I think there’s just a bit more of a disconnect with what the equivalencies are with the new scaling.

1 Like

They deflated the M+ score by about 100 to 150 points.

1 Like

It’s more that players have a lot more experience/confidence with S3 dungeons (barring Doti) since they were previous expansion dungeons. Players had half of DF in S1 and half in S2 and then nobody ran M+ versions again until 2 weeks ago.

If they do the same kind of rotation in TWW, I’d expect the same frosty reception when they all come around again after not being played for 6 months (assuming there’s even a S4 in TWW).

If you did 1 week of all 13’s and another week of all 14’s you’d get over 250 each, even if you only +1’d.

Yet now it seems you’d have to do all 5’s on BOTH weeks, or get at least a +2 in your keys to get just 250. I did a +6 in a dungeon that had a +4 last week and it’s only at 259.

What a chore to have to do higher then I wanted to.

You’re in bad groups, then.

6 Likes

as someone who gets ksh + ksm every single season, this is 100% just as easy as last season if not easier, once you have some gear and tier

this ^ too

know how to create a good group. wait longer for better IL + io ppl to apply

1 Like

Is just start of season. Will become much easier.

I got KSM the first week of the season. IMO this is the EASIEST tuned season I’ve ever played. Normally I just get kinda close to KSM and stop until the following week, but I was pushing 10s and 11s week 1 which is like 20/21.

1 Like

What if you just do a +5 key next week? That would prob get you the extra 6 points?

1 Like

Oh no.
You have to do slightly more content to get a cosmetic. You are being forced. This is a bad thing, apparently.

4 Likes

i dunno what ksm is (i don’t do m+, i assume it has to do with that) but uh… i read the title of your thread wrong, and thought you were gonna… well, let’s just say i’m glad it’s ksm, and not spelled the other way. :grimacing:

Not sure what this is about… Got to 2k what felt easier than last season. I just did +3 and up on everything both weeks going for anything and am at 2224 io already.

Took me way longer in last season to hit that.

If anything they lowered the bar not raised it lol

1 Like

KSM was originally all 15s. Looks like they realigned it.

1 Like

Wah wah
/10

1 Like

And it used to be 15s when 15s were the reward cap and had 4 affixes.

Now it’s 4-5s with 1-2 affixes with reward cap at 10.

All of DF has been nothing but making the easiest and most gear rewarding end game pillar even easier and more rewarding with the crest and crafting system as well, and now buillion cube gear.

1 Like