Kpop Megathread ft. Le Sserafim Blizzcon

we will never forget!!
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1170761214096326758/1170761239111139429/Z.png

4 Likes

If Psy was there, I know people would be not complaining.

Stan loona next

1 Like

Wait
 they took away your forum candle and they won’t fix the nameplate on the companion pet named after you?! Unacceptable!

ATEEZ would be hype for the next Blizzcon.

See " ATEEZ (에읎티슈) 's 1min. :stopwatch::green_heart: | KCON LA 2023" on youtube.

1 Like

How about Daft Punk instead?

Glad to see a familiar blue still around. :smile:

I honestly don’t understand the whole outrage about k-pop, metal or any other music genre. I never go nor intend to go to any concert ever even if I love their music. For me Blizzcon is only about the things i’m interested in like WoW, Starcraft, Heroes of the Storm, and their survival game. So when it comes to panels / deep dives / discussions thats what i tune into online, anything else i completely skip / do something else. If I wanna listen to music i’ll tune in but majority of time i just go to youtube and pick a song. No one is forcing anyone to listen to the music, and if people are there who like it which this thread proves then its not really a loss? People are just spoiled and becoming boomers wanting everything to be about them.

1 Like

Personally I’m not a fan of either
 I prefer country

1 Like

I like rock’n roll, classic pop (80’s-early 2000’s), and some other niche music types found on youtube. I don’t think i have ever listen to K-pop so i’m not sure if I would like it. I dislike a lot of metal but there are some I like, and i have a general disdain / hatred to country music. But each to their own as everyone is unique and have their own taste.

1 Like

Eh?
League got popular because of E-Sports? Am I unaware of some early KPOP stuff?

I enjoyed the performance. Not so much my teenage daughter laughing when I asked who they were. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

I exclusively listen to the music of Estonian minimalist composer Arvo PĂ€rt, and the thing about the Blizzard forums is you can’t quite be sure if I’m kidding or not.

hows bts doing? i know some of them have to go into the korean military. just dont hear about them too much these days after they came to us and did that mcd promo, a lot of girl kpop idols now. i guess theyre following jpops suit again. i miss girls generation though lol.

I mean, it makes sense with overwatch etc. Didn’t bother me who performed at blizzcon to be honest.

BUT Dwarves!!! MORE DWARVES! Sigh, I want to be a rothide!

I went to the last 3 Blizzcons, I miss this one, I hope this isn’t the new normal for Blizzcon, it’s great for the community that like K-Pop but the previous format with 3 artist was better, since you’ve more options.

2 Likes

When was that? I don’t ever remember candle profile pictures being a thing.

1 Like

agree but theres no saving overwatch, their panels at blizzcon were a disaster

I like the music. My issue is the live performances (or at least the ones I’ve been too) are all very scripted, controlled and sanitized with backing vocal and music tracks. Probably because a majority of k-pop acts are corporate generated. The product is more a packaged image than the actual music.

1 Like

To say Riot got popular BECAUSE of KPOP is really weird. Riot was already popular, and could afford to build a strong KPOP Brand association, and the gamble paid off because they did it respectfully and they did it well.

Riot’s success is not attributed to Kpop, but because they are stellar at making strong creative decisions, one of those of course being inviting kpop into their home with KDA.

1 Like