Korrak's Revenge Fixes Incoming

i also used all looms and both xp 50% increase trinkets.

But my slow leveling experience. It’s not fair people want to level rapidly. What about the meaningful choice, the fun to level cap, the effort spent to positively associate with the character, etc. (meme)

So, in the Legion pre-patch the xp was so crazy that we all leveled all a ton of characters. It was fun and it didn’t take long. The WoD bonus objectives, treasures + 300% xp thing made leveling a snap – it was fun and it didn’t take long.

I am sure Blizzard would much rather people spend $60 to instantly boost their toons, but for some of us, having a speedy way to do it in game during an event, makes something we really don’t want to spend time on fun. It would be the only way I would even bother to level the 40+ under 60 toons I have.

1 Like

Please bring back the XP that this launched with. It was a ton of fun, lots of people queueing, was a great way to level up your alts, etc. Now it’s a ghost town except for the people who need the achievements/mounts.

8 Likes

That was intentional.

Yeah, no level boost sales because of korrak’s.

1 Like

So… nerfed Korrak XP at the same time they announce lvl 60 boosts. It’s not a coincidence, 100% planned.

They’ve learned nothing. I regret coming back for this last patch.

4 Likes

I thought Korrak’s Revenge was introduced with the 15th anniversary (2019), about a year after the BFA launch. Was a great way to push all your alts to 120 as we were kind of in a content drought at the time anyway. Or was it earlier?

3 Likes

It was nerfed last year.

3 Likes

Half a level in two of the bg’s :rofl: Not worth it for how long one of them took. Thanks for another fail anniversary Korraks event I guess lol.

5 Likes

Shows what I know. Either way, the XP was really the only point of doing Korrak’s revenge. Nobody killed korrak after the initial quest to get the weapons. And nobody joined after they got the mounts. Just us alt levelers.

5 Likes

I might bother going inside if it at least gives you one level. When was the last time we had this event and it actually gave a decent amount of xp? I remember leveling a bunch of characters through it which itself was a miracle because I really dislike the pvp in wow.

1 Like

Yes… not sure what the context is to my comments though.

Hope they fix this issue.

While they’re at it they can fix the Doomwalker to drop the mount for everyone upon its defeat… Weird glitch to just not notice in testing.

3 Likes

Couple of years ago. Still waiting on them to blame that one on a bug to why it give good xp a few years ago. Anytime you get a good amount of xp from a dungeon, bg, whatever, it’s always a bugs fault hahaha.

1 Like

It is showing that I can queue as a 49. My guess is that if you can’t queue and I can, only those at levels which can go to Shadowlands are able to queue.

Korrak was a noob trap. Smart people went to Northrend and killed him there. Snowfall graveyard is one that nobody should take.

We were talking about Korrak’s revenge and you start talking about Legion pre-patch (end of WoD) and alt leveling, so was confused thinking I was off on the timing.

Came in here just to upvote this comment :+1:

@Kaivax: are you gonna pass along our message to WoW devs about the underwhelming XP? …or is participation going to be low again like last year when the XP was first nerfed?

8 Likes

It was spectacularly fast leveling during the first Korrak’s Revenge if you had full heirlooms and both PvP trinkets (which boosted XP by another 100% on top of the heirlooms 55%). With all the XP boosts, you were getting something like 5% of a level every minute, and 20 minutes worth of XP on a win (So… a full level for winning, half a level for losing).

Of course, we couldn’t have nice things so Blizz just nerfed it into the ground as usual.

5 Likes

Well it kind of made sense why they nerfed it last year, as it was during the launch of a new expansion, but this year makes zero sense. It’s kind of the exact same time wise as the original Korrak’s revenge launch vs BFA launch date.

2 Likes