[Koqadoodledu] WOW BSOD

That’s the exact video card i’m using same problem have my thread up too, I’m gonna try it hope it works everyone tells me it’s a bad video card cuz nobody can figure it out but seems like anyone having this problem it’s only with wow and they all have nvidia GTX 1070 which is what I have hope it works this has been going on for months drives me crazy!

So i have a question, if it’s the Directx thing, why is it doing this now? You’d think it would do it right off the bat, if it was an issue with that and the same video driver, for over a year I’ve been running wow just fine without that command prompt, and now all of a sudden I get the error non stop, so just curious why it would change.

This didn’t work for me as I suspected it wouldn’t or this would of been happening since the beginning. I lasted about a day with that in the command line and back to the blue screen video scheduler error.

Howdy,

I moved your posts to a separate thread to avoid confusion. These Bluescreen crashes are outside our ability to support as they often indicate a deeper problem with the operating system or hardware. You can read about this here.

If you are getting errors specifically related to the video card though, this may indicate a problem with the drivers or the video card itself. The best thing to try would be a clean driver reinstall.

First, remove any leftover driver files by using the third party driver remover DDU. You can find a guide on using this program here.

After this, pick up the latest driver from here.

Run the installer and select the Nvidia Driver option only. Then I would recommend doing a Custom install and selecting the ‘Perform a clean installation’ option.

Once the driver install has finished, change the Nvidia settings so that the game is using the Nvidia card:
• Right click on the desktop and launch NVIDIA Control Panel → Manage 3D settings.
• Go to Program Settings tab.
• Select the game to change the graphics processor under “Select a program to customize”. If it’s not is not available, select the specific game from the drop down list.
• Select your “Prefer maximum performance” graphics card under “Power management”.

Then reset the game settings to set everything back to default.

If none of this helps, it would probably be best to contact Microsoft or a local PC tech for more help.