"Known Issues List" & "Not A Bug" Lists no longer updated?

Will these lists ever be updated?

I ask since various bug reports I have sent in-game as well as posted here have not been addressed at all.

Main Ones:

• The Human Spirit Racial should be 10% not 5% (Change with WotLK) - This Change is not recorded on the various Wiki’s but is archived on the old WoW Forums via way back machine.
  • Instant Alt mail. - This feature was most definitely active during the one year anniversary period of WoW, if it was not added at that point itself. There has been no explanation why 1 hour mail for all has been done.
  • Mount System is the Original. - The change to incorporate the same levels as crafting on the skill page has yet to be explained. The counterpart update which added proficients to the talent trees was explained as Not a Bug, so why were mounts excluded?
  • Westfall Quest: “Patrolling Westfall” This quest used to be just like “The People’s Militia” quest line and have 3 parts, after the gnoll paws, it had 2 additional parts to kill the 2 additional brackets of gnolls. (Similarly I did not find this documented change anywhere as well.)

The game wiki’s are far from perfect, they are mainly a mishmash of other wiki’s that could be salvaged, much information is missing period because sites were hacked or left to die. Using them as the sole basis for for what is included and what is not included in Classic is silly. If anything, looking back to the archived site snapshots is what should be done, since it was all started when websites started suddenly disappearing for recovery purpose early on.

If they are not updated, I’m going to assume they have not fixed or acknowledged fixing any listed bug, and have yet to look into addressing any new or discovered bugs since the last update.

Thanks the for work. These are things I have noticed as well. I’m surprised more people are not referencing authentic archived material when it is readily available. Cached/wayback machining the forums is a great idea. I’ve confirmed several bugs just by watching videos on youtube that were uploaded DURING vanilla. Yup, youtube WAS around then folks.

Everything is working as intended and not a bug, of course, since you have no proof. Blizzard just collects your money every month and laughs in your face.

3 Likes

Hunters, Druid, Rogues still broken.