Kiting useless

there was once a time dps would kite…
well… now mages spam GP in peoples faces. Locks cast bolts in peoples faces.
spams cast lava bursts in people faces.
Why? because they gave too many classes ridiculous mobility.

now healers need to kite as without kiting they die. Even after juking both dps targets and stun on full DR. a healer cannot heal through the damage.

Melee are boring… why?
instead of using your interrupts where you want to, you need to use those interrupts on certain spells are certain times which will break the game for either the melee team or the cast team. now interrupts are scripted for only particular spells are particular times otherwise they lose.

arena is stressful, yes it is… why?
one missed interrupt changes the game to a possible win or lose.
pve dominates pvp now with trinkets, better Gear.

this game requires less skill and more pve involvement

addons, now telling people how to play. maledict incoming. 4 seconds remaining on vendetta… why not just have a bot play for you?

1 Like

Looking at your experience, sounds like you could use them.

Add-ons aren’t about having the game played for you, it’s about being shown information you want to see, in a way that you want to see it. A lot of add-ons are created out of the sheer necessity that the WoW UI is dated and not showing important information that should be shown by default, and offers little to no customization how to display the information that is there. If you’re aware enough to know that you need to know when a certain event is about to happen, more power to you for rigging up something that let’s you know that information.

As a healer, awareness is mandatory, and you still have to make the add-ons work in a way that don’t just overflood you with information to the point where you just ignore it (which was always the case of gladius for me). Arena is all about awareness, and add-ons can help a lot with that.

6 Likes

Knowing when enemy CDs are coming back up should not be part of the UI

2 Likes

Nope, but party debuffs certainly should be. Using the default UI half the time it doesn’t display all debuffs, so you don’t see someone CC’d.

Can’t use party 1/2 macros without an add-on or a script because the default doesn’t have the option to sort groups in that matter.

I’d argue that DRs should show up as a debuff on a player as well, as it’s essentially an invisible buff/debuff that gets put on them that isn’t displayed, though not everyone is going to agree on that one.

Debuffs, sure, but you were saying information like that is mandatory and unless I misread your aura it said it showed you a 3 second countdown of when enemy CDs are coming back.

There are two extremes here, one side where the standard information is displayed and the other side where you have X add ons providing this information.

There’s a reason why blizzard hides a ton of things, to reward awareness and good play.
Granted, I don’t think they’ve figured out quite what an adequate amount of information is. But after a while all these add on essentially play the game for you and you’re just pressing the button.

Not really, you still how to execute your micro game and CC chains. Like hoj/sapping a trinket, positioning, fake casting, all while trying to execute your rotation perfectly.

I dunno but its not really fun looking for near invisible things all game. Like I rarely play with sound. Thats the only time a kick is really notable is with sound barring shammy kicks. Even a lot of the major offensive spells dont have have notable if any animation. Unless you are just starring at buffs all game, under a portrait.

All addons do is feed you information. Its up to you to make the call on what to do with that information.

Like iv tried the blizzard ui for the debuffs. It drives me nuts I cant see all debuffs by just looking at the raid frames. Im thinkin of using arena style again so I can see all the debuffs on the raid frame.

You used to be able to do that with the ui and no addons. But people forget blizzard pruned sooo many UI features going into legion. Addons are like essential nowadays.

Personally I think some info is missing but i think weak auras are overboard.

Like if I download a weak aura to tell me when maledict is used with the intent of grounding it every time. How is that different than just download a bot to press grounding when maledict is used ? It isn’t .

Also, playing without sound is on you. Your choice. Are all animations perfect? No. Sounds? No. But what else is there to go by in a video game lol. Monk, mage, rogue etc all have very auditory kicks.

But I think that’s the problem. People don’t want to look around the screen. They don’t want to listen to queues. They just want things to pop up on their screens letting them now what happened so they can tunnel their eyes on their target :man_shrugging:t2:

I dont think people not wanting to look around the screen is the problem man. lmao

You’re hoping to what? Take advantage of someones lack of awareness? How is that fun? Id rather people have the information available to them so there are better games. Rather than Just the the dumb oops, missed that one. That dosent make for very good games.

Id much rather someone react at all rather than do nothing.

My biggest gripe with the standard UI is that I think everything should be moveable. My personal buffs/debuffs should not be pinned to the top right corner without me having any control.

Bid debuffs on party frames and Dr tracker make sense too

1 Like

I was just using a generalization in this case (you’re right though, that was a terrible example, and I think that was me moreso just stupidly showing off). Once you start digging up add-ons for stuff that should already be in the game, you’re more inclined to grab other goodies along the way. If things like Bigdebuffs were in the game by default, I’d be less inclined to deal with add-ons as a whole. When I end up having to make my own version of bigdebuffs with weakauras (didn’t know about bigdebuffs at the time), you can count on me to use that add-on to seek out other highly desirable information.

Let’s be honest though, anyone who uses a kick tracker uses an enemy cooldown tracker. Mine just gives you 3 second advanced notice.

My biggest gripe with the standard UI is that I think everything should be moveable. My personal buffs/debuffs should not be pinned to the top right corner without me having any control.

Bid debuffs on party frames and Dr tracker make sense too

This stuff we can agree on.

Personally I think some info is missing but i think weak auras are overboard.

Like if I download a weak aura to tell me when maledict is used with the intent of grounding it every time. How is that different than just download a bot to press grounding when maledict is used ? It isn’t .

Also, playing without sound is on you. Your choice. Are all animations perfect? No. Sounds? No. But what else is there to go by in a video game lol. Monk, mage, rogue etc all have very auditory kicks.

But I think that’s the problem. People don’t want to look around the screen. They don’t want to listen to queues. They just want things to pop up on their screens letting them now what happened so they can tunnel their eyes on their target

I don’t play with sound enabled because of voice chat. Back in the day I played the game without headphones, so I’d always disable in game sounds for voice… Never really occurred to me back then to just throw on headphones ironically. I’ll agree that cooldown tracking is probably over the line, but that being said, if other people are going to use that to their advantage, you can count on me doing the same.

“instead of using interrupts when you want to, you have to save them for when you need too”

You’re so confusing man…like read that over and over again…

Thee worst complaint thread hands down in for ever. Healing isn’t even a current meta problem. Deep dampening is.

You’re just wrong.

i WaNt tO kiCk WhEn I wAnT tO
i Am SkIlLeR oF 1550

1 Like

I feel like this guy has 1,000 alts. And I keep playing with him over and over in LFG

1 Like

This thread goes in a lot of different directions very quickly. I’m honestly not sure if it’s about player awareness and what is/isn’t displayed on the default UI or mobility being too high, both of which are major issues that could be hit on.

Yeah definitely agree that the maledict weak aura stuff is pretty obnoxious

I feel like it definitely does just play the game for people. I don’t think Maledict in general has brought in any interesting interactions with the game as a whole, and even less so when this addon exists.

It’s much different than say a CD tracker or any other type of addon that still relies on personal input and thought - there’s a delay to begin with and you know that the ability has been commited so it’s pretty much impossible to not just fail this action.

Its slow enough with this addon to have the same reaction that a bot would have for say deathing/grounding something perfectly. There’s nothing interesting about it at all lol

1 Like