Kill trading, cheating, honor system gaming

Oh my god it’s not as hard for me to rank I’m SO MAD!

1 Like

The thing is, this is actually the only way some alliance servers can get to rank 14. Stalagg doesn’t have enough alliance to get a rank 14 without alts.

I hate when those damn cheater’s make things better for everyone, we need more cancerous players!

1 Like

oh my god but the cheating makes things easier!

LOL imagine being this lacking in self-awareness

1 Like

It’s actually pathetic that you are complaining about something that affects zero people negatively.

2 Likes

guys, you’re right, cheating is fine as long as it makes things easier. my bad!

2 Likes

Are wow forums toxic?

“Thread about literally the most mundane “cheat” to counter bots honor stacking”

Find something else to complain about, seriously lol.

Whatever rational is used for justification, is this not technically kill trading? And isn’t kill trading considered cheating?

It effects people throughout the server, so I don’t have a personal issue with it, but do think everyone should play within the expected use of the system.

3 Likes

So lvling alts and sitting in a gy to get killed is a counter to bots?

2 Likes

counter cheating with more cheating, guys, its fine.

2 Likes

If it is impacting the overall amount of players in each bracket, wouldn’t it benefit bots and players equally technically? Thereby not necessarily impairing bots in any way.

1 Like

Again, this is actually the only way some alliance servers can get to rank 14 because there aren’t enough alliance on the ENTIRE server. Might not be the case on yours but on Stalagg and likely Skeram it is the case.

Yeah that’s how I think of it, it’s also win trading.

Samethibg happened in nagrand during tbc and people got bans.

2 Likes

Cheating implies a rule is broken. Please site the exact rule broken. Keep in mind that cross faction collusion is currently NOT against the TOS.

1 Like

So rank 1 spot not giving enough Rp to overcome the decay?

There is no ToS. There is a EULA, which doesn’t have specifics. It is intentionally vague to facilitate Blizzard deciding on a case by case basis.

In this case, there is actually a specific rule forbidding win trading though.

After reviewing the In-Game Code of Conduct, depending on Blizzards stance on this, it would fall under:

Cheating

You are responsible for how you and your account are represented in the game world. Cheating in any fashion will result in immediate action. Using third-party programs to automate any facet of the game, exploiting bugs, or engaging in any activity that grants an unfair advantage is considered cheating.

Exploiting other players is an equally serious offense. Scamming, account sharing, win-trading, and anything else that may degrade the gaming experience for other players will receive harsh penalties (lol).

2 Likes

Yes. Basically botters are playing constantly, setting impossible honor caps for each brackets. If you widen the pool with 15hks alts you widen the brackets giving the opportunity for more players to rank up.

On small servers there is 1-3 players for the bracket 14. If you double the pool, you double the available slots.

I am assuming OP is one of those 20hrs a day guy and is mad that regular / casual get a shot too. Imo, if bots got actually banned, you would have a couple dozen no-lifers vs a cesspool of bots with crazy weekly honor totals.

2 Likes

Now, IK how dying works, against Mobs, not sure if the same applies to Players, in open world PvP, but if I die too much, I have to wait X amount of time before Rezzing, and the timer grows higher and higher, each time I die, within so many deaths, close to each other. Now, I’m not exactly sure if the same thing applies to being Ganked, over and over again, by Players…

I hope both win traders and bots eat bans.

4 Likes

It does. The counter goes up the more often you die regardless of how up to a max of 2 minutes i think.

1 Like