Kill the layers now and it'll fix your stupid server tranfers :p

People did not trickle in as they expected at release either (despite the clues given with name reservations)

It’s always been “A few weeks”, with an upper bound of “by phase 2”

Imgine being that willfully ignorant.
Once again:

Unless you actually believe that total realm caps are at 2006 levels, you are just stirring the pot at this point.

Not arguing that, im just saying, just because phase 2 comes around, if the population doesnt significantly decrease, i doubt they will remove layering entirely. How would the announcement go? " We have shut down all layering operations in game. Enjoy your 20 hour queue!" Its counter-intuitive.

That said, they have a bit of a PR nightmare either way. Remove the layering, keeping to their statement, and causing massive outrage over queues, or delaying the removal for a time, causing people to rage at them for not doing what they said they would do. Its a crap situation for them either way, really.

Would I find that at all shocking at this point?
No.

Would blizzard lose a metric :poop: ton of subs if they do that?
More than likely. Private Servers would see quite a resurgence.

Willfully ignorant that the interview doesn’t address this topic?

Trololol

FINALLY someone posts something blue.

Of course that same post claims that they’re not going to increase the cap… which they did anyway.

Again, i think its a lose lose for them either way. People arnt going to keep paying for a game they cant get in to either, with 20 hr queues. There is no real simple answer, unless they split the realms, and make some layered and some not.

i think the idea is that in that case the wanted normal realm population for a server would be 2.5k, each layer approximately representing the wanted amount of people for a single server, if they removed layering then that realm capacity would be split down from 10, 000 to the wanted 2.5k and the que times would go up

You know… they could start talking right now, so people know for sure what to expect. Stick a post that address exactly that…

I’ve seen “that’s not how layering works” more than a few times when people warn about the removal on phase 2.

You really have trouble with reading comprehension and what is implied.

PS: You ignored that blue post from a ways back up the thread.

I agree, but miracles are rare these days heh.

Your post was the first time I’ve seen it, and I’ve been following this thread since the beginning.

And you edited an earlier post, so I’ll respond to it here:

No. It only suggests that they are able to make multiple copies of the world. It doesn’t imply anything about the total population with and without layers. In that same interview they specifically call out starter zones as an issue, so it stands to reason that they can maintain the higher pop when players spread out.

They need to nut up and be more proactive.
a) stop putting transfers on a static end date. end them when they are balanced.
b) allow transfers to ANY low pop realm, not specific ones
c) allow transfers off of RP/RPVP realms to corresponding PVE and PVP realms.

This is where my disconnect is, I think. I’m trying to simply argue that the single point process of adding or removing layers does not affect the queue. The determining factor of queue times is the overall realm/server capacity.

What I mean is that it would be possible to remove all layers right now, at this exact moment. It would make the world insanely overcrowded, but I’m not arguing gameplay. If all layers were removed right now, a server that had a queue of say 500, would still have a queue of 500 UNLESS Blizzard also decreased the max population of the entire server/realm.

Yeah, nothing to argue there, your correct heh.

I literally scrolled up and copy/pasted from another’s post in this very thread.

Do you believe that realm caps are currently at vanilla-like levels?

• YES
  • NO

I see that Holymirax edited it into her comment.

You did the same thing not too long ago. How do either of you expect to have a conversation if you’re changing what you previously said?

EDIT:

I don’t even believe the individual layers are at vanilla like levels.

I appreciate that you and I were on opposite ends of a really stupid argument yesterday, but we agree on this. Gives me a little bit of hope in the world for some reason.

Duuude. No. That’s not at all even close to the reason for layering.

Layering was introduced as a way to over populate the realms, because there’s an expected drop off of population.

Blizz wants happy and healthy realms during P2 and beyond, when there’s no layers. That is why layering was implemented.

1 Like