Kill command does same damage as cobra shot

Is that right? Seems odd is all

KC needs to be buffed. It still does more damage than CS even though tool tip shows it’s about the same. But it’s still much closer than it should be IMO.

3 Likes

Kill command beast cleaves

Kill command beast cleaves

No, it doesn’t. Try it out yourself on a swarm training dummy.

Yeah I guess it doesn’t. Is this a bug? Beast cleave says it affects your pets melee attacks, kill command is a melee attack done by your pet. I don’t get it.

I just hope they fix the Animal Companion talent. Your main pet acts strange, comes back when it shouldn’t while the companion stays at the targets. Only happens for multiple mobs but it’s kind of annoying. That and pet falling behind for no reason, especially noticeable in Torghast.

Just stack mastery!

/s

For real; KC should be buffed.

True, but macroing in “petattack” to most abilities solves this.

By melee attacks, they mean Bite/Claw/Smack and your pet’s melee auto attacks. Kill Command is special, as a hunter-triggered ability.

2 Likes

Kill Command needs to be renamed Bite Command.

2 Likes

Animal Companion probably holds the record for the longest a bugged talent has existed without being fixed. The issues you mentioned are only a small part of it…

AC is offset by a 35% reduction in damage from our pets. So we get two pets doing 65% damage, which results in 130% between the two for a 30% DPS increase to pets overall. The problem is the 35% reduction is an aura that affects every pet we might use.

• Pets from quests, encounters and other abilities are all reduced by 35%.
  • Spitting Cobra is also reduced by 35%. This talent was recently buffed, but it’s still garbage if you also use Animal Companion.
  • Venthyr players taming gargoyles in HoA are also affected.
  • Charm of Eternal Winter neck is on the BM loot table, but the effect replaces our regular pets and is still penalized by 35%.

All of that and Blizzard still hasn’t even given any indication they’re aware of the problem.

2 Likes

I wonder if it’s even worth having animal companion talent

That’s the worst part. Even as bugged as AC is, it’s still leaps and bounds better than Dire Beast and a decent clip better than Killer Instinct.

Killer Instinct can be situationally better, but really only on boss fights where cooldowns are saved for execute range. One example would be Sludgefist, where most groups save Heroism for the fourth pillar. If you line up your cooldowns correctly, it’s the one fight in CN where a BM Hunter can hang with the meta, but only if you use Killer Instinct.

Killer instinct Needs Kill Command deals +50% damage to targets above 80% health as well as Targets under 35% health.

Dire Beast needs to reduce either Bestial Wrath cooldown similar to how Barbed shot works or have it instead reduce cooldown on Aspect of the Wild By XX seconds per Dire beast.

I don’t see a single BM hunter using Killer Instinct on the top parses on Sludgefist. The one fight where it’s actually being used is Sire Denathrius because having it for most of P3 is actually beneficial (and there were issues with Animal Companion not teleporting to you which apparently were fixed this week from what I’ve heard).

Making it {KC}do +50% to targets over 80-85-90% HP it would line up very nice for first pillar.

This would Improve our ST Burst which we severely lack.

I suspect it would raise an outcry in PVP though as it would take us out of the Annoying but we can ignore it early in fight irritating hunters pet bracket. coupled up with a non AC Nerf of AMoC we would be an actual threat.

The lack of burst for BM is by design. It’s there to offset the mobility. But our sustained damage is lower than it should be, at least from a PvE standpoint.

I don’t think that’s true at all. Fire angels have great burst and mobility. So do others.

1 Like

I have it all macro’d in all my main abilities. It’s still a problem. The main pet acts stupid while the AC acts as it should. I’m personally just not a fan of AC. I just wish they would bring up Killer Instinct as someone mentioned below.

2 Likes

How odd. Most people don’t have this problem. I don’t. I guess you’re special.