Kicked for using barrage

Was just kicked from a dungeon for using barrage. Used misdirection with it every time it was available, when it wasn’t I made sure not to pull anything extra. What gives? Im not using this ability ever again if it triggers people that much

Look at the bright side… now you switch to Stomp, which isn’t a complete garbage talent choice like Barrage and Stampede.

9 Likes

It is a pretty silly reason to get kicked if you didn’t pull everything, but in general you should pick Stomp as BM and Explosive Shot as MM (for dungeons) just because they’re better.

4 Likes

People remember when Barrage pulled EVERYTHING!! Lol

I once pulled a mob from a lower level up to us in the ramparts in Draenor (the Blackhand Raid) using Barrage. Then my RL made me do it every time because it ended up being easier!

4 Likes

Was that on a leveling character or max?

Barrage? more like GARBAGE.

3 Likes

A good word of advice, for people pulling way too much, disengage cuts barrage’s distance roughly in half and this is a very useful trick for preventing overpulling. Myself, I’m still waiting for classic/glyph of stampede stampede to make a comeback, thematically I prefer it…

2 Likes

I’m not trying to be mean, but Barrage is a terrible talent. If I saw someone using it in a dungeon, my first thought would be - they don’t know what they’re doing and we should cut our losses early.

3 Likes

Only time Barrage becomes relevant is in Torturghast when other option is even worse

Barrage is actually really good in Torghast when lined up with Pinion but I still wouldn’t change spec away from Stomp. That uncapped pet AoE is extremely important for pet survivability on big pulls. But if you get lucky enough to get both Pinion and Stomp then you can also take Barrage and it’s really good spread AoE.

1 Like

Barrage has a very bad reputation.

It’s basically the Crocs of hunters: it might do the job, but JFC, don’t ever go out in public with it.

5 Likes

Im still leveling. Barrage is absolutely the best talent in that tier for both MM and BM for leveling. While questing I can literally pull everything around me in 2 seconds misdirecting to my pet, the higher damage from the other talents is irrelevant compared to the utility of misdirect+barrage for leveling

But Stomp is how you keep a large group of mobs on your pet and not on you. Misdirection only goes so far. If it works for you, that’s great. But using it in groups is prioritizing yourself over the group.

1 Like

But that’s just not true. Barrage + misdirection my pet never loses aggro until they’re dead

Of course I’m going to prioritize myself over the group when I only run like one dungeon a day and spend the rest of my time questing

If it works for you, that’s great. Just saying that getting kicked from a group for using it isn’t exactly unforeseen.

1 Like

I’m sure they wouldn’t complain if it actually SCALED well in damage, because that’s my main concern. It all goes back to our one trick.

Remember the knock back talent we had in panda land? I got kicked for using that one time. Fkn people.

Barrage use to be a decent talent, but ever since Blizz “fixed it” back in Legion, it has been a garbage talent option for MM and BM. Stomp is a way better way to go for BM and I will never understand why hunters insist on using Barrage, instead.

3 Likes

call this one a learning lesson.

1 Like

Because leveling dungeons are sirius bizniz.