Kick should not be a talent

Most pug players don’t use it anyway.

There may be some niche builds where you’ll skip it entirely. Maybe you have a certain all in AoE build for farming leather, or a speed/aoe type build for running old content or farming. They’re going to allow us to have several loadouts, so even if it should be baseline, it doesn’t really take it away since it’s so high up in the tree.

Like the spec specific side of the tree includes a lot of currently baseline abilities. You can just not take Remorseless Winter, Pillar of Frost, or Empower Run Weapon as a frost DK, which are iconic abilities to the spec.

I like how people automatically assume everyone is bad and never kick combined with all this other nonsense people have to deal with.

1 Like

Well, it is a generalization because most players are bad and don’t kick.

2 Likes

Nice try, but every class needs a interrupt, since most are on a 15+ second cooldown.

I counter your proposal with most players are not telepaths and have a habit of all using their kick on the same mob at the same time.

2 Likes

I can see everyone’s CD’s including interrupts. I know when they are being used, overlapped, or not. I can tell you without a doubt that most players do not kick, especially in non-high Keys.

2 Likes

Just don’t take pug DPS with the option who don’t take it (assuming they were going to use it in the first place).

In an organized group, they should make plans to cover interrupts, and if they decide someone doesn’t need one, that option will be there to take another talent.

Are you expecting these “bad” players to talent the kick or not?

(or am I misinterpreting here and it’s not so much “bad” as “not required”?)

Yup.

It’s doubly bad this season. With Resto Shaman being meta, you see a number of players who don’t kick and don’t use offensive dispels even in much higher keys.

:+1:

Omni-CD shows this.

:+1:

Ran a 24 SD the other day and we had a SV Hunter who had 3 kicks. There are tons of deadly spells to interrupt which just makes that wacky.

Gosh I hate PUG’ing sometimes. At least we’re slowly rebuilding our push team - got a WW lined up who just needs to gear and will be trialing a Lock so maybe my PUG misery may be ending soon haha.

1 Like

This will really be a non-issue I’m sure - when the vast majority of players will still be copying/pasting some talent build they found online, they’ll have their interrupts lol.

Plus, from what we’ve seen so far, it might be giving healers access to interrupts (resto druids), which would be really cool.

I didn’t have an opinion or thought on if they will take the talent or not. I was replying to someone.

I was at first…but then I saw the usual boring ****

“Your rejuvenation lasts 3 more seconds” We didn’t need this to come back smfh. This is a waste of resources.

Only thing I’m happy about is convoke and adaptive swarm staying.

What were you expecting to be on there, if not some filler talents?

1 Like

Only thing?

I love the new “Moon Bear” stuff they’ve got going on. I didn’t play BFA so I don’t know if these things come from BFA, but the idea of having moonfire synergy in the tree for Bear is very cool and will be quite good in M+. It feels like a substitute in a way for the lack of magic damage we will be missing when we lose Architect’s Alginer but in a way that feels more grounded in the class fantasy. I like being able to take Galactic Guardian without giving up Incarn as well.

The problem I see is that the high damage Hunters and Locks do enables groups, and pugs, to push beyond their skill level. The people who made new toons don’t necessarily have the skill and understanding of their toolkit. Just like you said, I have seen many players ending the run with ~3 total interrupts and it is usually the Locks and Hunters that were created this season.

1 Like

Covenant abilities. Not the mobility based ones but stuff like Codemn.

The filler percentage increase stuff is boring and unnecessary.

The talent tree we have now was fine.

This is how it is a good thing. It is a choice that players get to have. WoW was good when there was a lot more choice in things. There is always going to be an ‘optimized’ or ‘best’ choice overall. That does not mean the other choices don’t have their day in the sun for X or Y situations. Some raid comps could even be made around having some with kick and some with a different choice (think divine spirit vs coh priest in TBC).

1 Like

Yeah i agree with this one

Yeah. But now they can bake borrowed power into the talent tree and so people will stop whining about borrowed power and we can actually focus on discussing aspects of the game that are real, rather than this made-up “borrowed power” meme.

2 Likes