Keybinds won't save!

Alright here we go. I’m on a PC. Keybinds aren’t saving after reload/logout.

Macros are saving. Edit Mode is saving.
I use /reload after changes. and logout. and camp.
I am the administrator.
I don’t have OneDrive.
Cleared WTF, Interface and Cache, deleted the single add-on (CrapAway)
This issue has been across multiple computers on multiple IPs.
It’s also across all toons.
Using ‘Character Specific Keybindings’ does not help, in fact, clicking on and off resets it to the default (that I don’t want). Reload with CSK also doesn’t work.

Reinstall time?

If you temporarily disable your anti-virus do they save?

If it’s a MalwareBytes anti-virus issue, disabling it won’t fix it. That POS av software changes the meta-data on the files (sometimes) and prevents anything other than administration-level writes from committing.

That’s a persistent setting.

The only fix is to remove the software, copy the files and paste them in under a different name, delete the originals, and rename the copies.

I do indeed have malwarebytes. So the solution is:

1. remove MBites
  2. copy [which?] files
  3. paste [which?] files [where?]
  4. Delete [Which?]
  5. Lol [wut?]

I might be getting you but a step by step would help. I’m sure there’s a link somewhere that you might be privy to and I am not.

It’d be all the bindings-cache.wtf files. Can just ctrl-drag to create copies in the same location.

As it turns out, my issue wasn’t my issue at all.

the keybinder is defaulting mousebutton4 as the first default (of two), which displays it on my bar. this is extremely odd, given that mouse button five defaults as the second option, leading me to believe defaults weren’t saving, but it looks like they are.

1 Like