Keybindings on Mac

I crossed over from PC while it’s getting some work down. Playing on a MacBook Air atm.

When I want to use modifiers for key binds with my razer naga such as shift and command, it’s only recognizing the number, not the modifying button. Does anyone have solutions for this? Is it an issue with WOW, Mac, or the naga?

Currently I cannot Shift+7 or Command+7 etc as a key bind with my naga’s side buttons, but I could manually use shift+7 on the keyboard :person_shrugging:

I found articles from Oct '23 and Jan '24 which indicate that macos does not support Synapse 3 (or razer synapse 3 does not support macos). Take your pick depending upon your pov.

search: macos support razer synapse
for more info.

1 Like

To be more accurate, Razer doesn’t support MacOS.

You can try this key mapping utility. https://karabiner-elements.pqrs.org/
I’ve been using it for 5 or 6 years and it works great. It does a small learning curve.

1 Like

Thanks, fam

This would allow me to have access to my shift/etc macros?

It allows you to map your keyboard to other devices.

Example:

Button 1 on your Action Bar is bound to Q on your keyboard.
You can map the Q key to Button 6 on your mouse. Now when you press Mouse Button 6, Q is sent as the input and Action Bar 1 is performed.

Hope that helps.

If you mean stuff like a button that casts two diff spells whether shift is down or not, that’s just a built in feature that doesnt’t require any special mouse. It’s macro applying mod not the mouse or mouse software.

I keybind Shift + 7-12 and Alt + 7-12 on my PC and Naga. So I can hold shift or alt with my left hand and then thumb 7-12 with my right.

But on my Mac, the keybindings don’t work with my Naga’s side buttons even if I try to rebind them with Shift and Command on the Mac.

The side buttons only understand 7-12, and ignore the command or shift modifier. However, if I used only keyboard keys, then I can make shift or command + 7-12 keybinds. Yet still, the modified keybinds don’t work when I try to use my Naga’s side buttons AND shift (or command) :man_shrugging:

what are some gud keybind setups bros
what do you use for shift modifier?

Depends mostly on what class you play

For example, on Vengeance, I use Alt 7-12 mostly for auto dropping Sigils at my character with @player macros

Like Alt-7 is /cast [@player] Sigil of Flame
Alt-8 is Chains, Alt-9 is Decree and so on

yea but like what buttons do you use physically?

like do you use shift on the mouse? Shift doesnt work on my machine unless shift is a keyboard key.

Left hand shift/alt on the keyboard

Right hand thumb a number my Naga’s side buttons

1-6 qertfvcxz and ~ also with my left hand on keyboard

My naga also has 3 mouse wheel buttons I can use with my right hand