Keep Mindgames

Shadow wouldn’t want it outside of solo/pvp content, especially as a 3min cooldown. I just want them to fess up and give us our old VE back, a 1 hour self-buff with party wide leech, and since hunter and monk already do that, maybe we give haste procs RPMs while affected by VE ?

A maddening rush of energy flows through you and your slav---- friends.

1 Like

Historically lights wrath does more. like 25% to full so i know which im choosing. I like mind games but im happy to lose it if offered some utility thats good to have

Really need mind sear back to make shadow cov good

Yeah even in PvP I don’t like it. It’s button bloat that limits where we can have healing else where. I’d rather have a team leech and give back more healing on DP and VT.

1 Like

Agree 100% @Capslockfury - coming from shadow priest PvE perspective, Mind Games is flavorful, brings decent damage, and adds a survival/solo hybrid feature that can help you and/or your group in a pinch.

I would vote to keep Mind Games.

2 Likes

Sorry I meant it did work and he didn’t heal for much.

Mindgames is an awful button for Shadow in PvE. Pure bloat that has barely any interaction with the rest of the kit, I don’t want to have to use this just because of PvPers.

They could consider lowering the initial damage and greatly buffing the effect part. Then it wouldn’t be so mandatory and would maintain the part that actually makes it cool.

how is a 30-40 second cooldown big hitting shadow spell bad or bloated? You basically dot up, drop mind games(getting equal it’s damage in healing and/or extra damage), and go into your rotation until it’s dead. mind games is great to reduce inc dmg on a tank (30k absorb)or other parties.

If you think a dmg spell that hits for 55k and heals your tank for 30k is bad bloat I don’t know what you’re expecting out of your spells.

3 Likes

Respectfully disagree @Zalgo

While I agree that Mind Games does not have any interaction with shadow priest kit, I’m not sure I want them to change it out for an ability that adds obvious throughput interaction with the spec - Let’s say they do that, I assume then every shadow priest would feel obliged to take it at the expense of considering a utility option in the class tree.

• Mind games on the other hand is a hybrid ability that offers both damage plus a unique (as far as I know) defensive feature. Has obvious survival benefit for both solo play and group play. Personally, I like it. I’m not going to argue if they come up with some other pure utility capstone in it’s place, but I hope it’s not a mandatory throughput talent, I’d rather those were in the spec tree.

Were they to change it out for Door of Shadows, I might consider that a fair trade. Having said that, what I’d really like them to do is keep Mind Games AND add a choice node for Angelic Feather and Door of Shadows.

Speaking of adding utility - would be really nice if Blizzard would update Vampiric Embrace in some way - so it doesn’t rely on the shadow priest doing single target damage for the duration to get full value.

1 Like

I’m surprised someone who uses mindgames rn in m+ would rather just have lights wrath.

To me the soak potential of mindgames is a super fun interraction for m+. And light wrath is never going to come close to be as useful in that content.

For raid, sure, lights wrath all the way. But for m+/pvp as disc mindgames offers way more :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Keep mindgames. It’s a unique anti-healing spell that doesn’t copy the tired old mortal strike or necrotic wound. Fits the class theme. Was the best introduced covenant spell imo. Our covenants and legendary choices were lame.

Wouldn’t mind if the animation was better and did shadowfrost damage

I would hate to see Mindgames go from a Shadow perspective.

It is a bit of a “press this and be done” spell from our rotational perspective, but it’s also the only thing we’d be keeping in terms of Shadowlands borrowed power. Plus it’s the only thing we’d even consider taking at the bottom of the class tree.

Now, if it didn’t offer throughput, which is a separate issue, I’d be fine with them altering how VE works to make it a meaningful cooldown and/or self buff like it used to be in the past, and putting that where Mindgames goes.

Like no Mindgames would sting less if that section of the tree still benefited shadow. But at the moment, nothing else at the bottom of the class tree is worth taking for us, imo.

I like mind games don’t get me wrong. But if I had to make a choice. Maybe it’s nostalgia /shrug

But if we give it up I want something decent. I don’t think they would give us soul shape but the fairies would be nice but I don’t think they would do it. Thematically out of SL it doesn’t make a lot of sense. But hell usefull

I mean they gave feylines to Monks so anything’s up for grab hehe