Karsh Steelbender bug in Blackrock Caverns

Today ran a random while leveling. Dungeon was going well and we get to the above mentioned boss. As the tank I dip him in the heat in the middle for a couple of stacks to drop his shield and we go to town on him.

As it’s about to drop off (and even after it drops off and he gets his shield back) dragging him through the middle heat does nothing. No stacks build, no explosions hurting the group, no adds come as a result of dropping the debuff.

I literally stood him in the heat for 30 seconds and nothing happened. We tried 3 times (purposely wiped to restart the battle) before we decided to call it. He would always get the debuff allowing us to dps him the first go around, but after that, he would not get the debuff (or renew the debuff) ever again.

Technically we could still beat him as we were in no danger of dieing but doing damage against him with his 99% reduction shield would have taken forever.

Don’t know if others have reported this as the PUG I was with was just as dumbfounded as I was.

I think the most annoying part besides not being able to finish was losing my darkmoon Faire hat that gives you a 10% xp bonus for an hour since we had to purposely die thinking it was a one time thing.

This was on normal so I don’t have a lockout ID to provide, but the toon I was on was salarissa on the dalaran server and roughly 1830ish EST.

Other members of my party where as follows:

Bigromero - ScarletCrusade
Claston - Kargath
Maldiz - Drakkari
Malbeba - Nemesis

If I can provide any additional information please let me know.

4 Likes

My PUG group did this boss last night, 12/19 and we too found him bugged. When we first tried to attack him the middle fire never gave him stacks. He was tanked in the middle ring and left there. We tried to reset him, which of course only meant dieing.

We tried him the second time and got 3 stacks, great it works! But oh wait 3 stacks is insta-wipe with such low health at 80s. Okay try again and do mechanics…1 stack…2 stacks, okay pull out and go to town. Got 20% off and tank pulled him back into the flame just before the debuff dropped…and $#%^ the damn flame did not give out the debuff again. So same bug as the person above report. Flame ceases to refresh stacks on the boss.

We weren’t going to spend two hours only 1 dmg to him per player, it was ridiculous, so die again and skip the boss. Goodbye precious quests!

At least killing the last boss meant we could finish the dungeon and get credit or i would have been extremely mad. Though you don’t get Raz to appear at the end if you skip that boss.

Please fix this blizz!

This happened to my group as well.

outta curiosity how much aoe dmg does the stacks do compare to back in cata ? use to be able to leave him up to 8 stack back then b4 being force to take him out…once it went pass 35% per pulse it was too dangerous to leave him in there for a long time…and that’s with having a god tier healer and tank…fully aware things change since but haven’t run that place in forever…dont seem to be part of timewalking either…Hall of Orgination and Blackrock Cavern never popped for me despite being strictly cata dungeons during timewalking otherwise I would of had a better idea of how much dmg goes out now

there a chiev for 15 stacks…would be surprise that the pulse be stronger than b4 but ya…if pulse dmg is bout same % as b4 straight to 8 should be possible…that said…a bug like that cant be good…would not want to spend an eternity killing a boss when I work on my new char for heritage armors

My DF runs are still falling apart over this in mid March, whoo.

2 Likes

I just did him today. He’s still very much bugged. Kind of ridiculous that something like this has been bugged for months with no fix. Good ole blizzard.
Can only keep him in for 3 stacks. 4 Stacks and he’ll wipe the group. Not long enough to get him down.
Side note, he should be skippable from what I can tell. But my group all left in frustration as did I after 4 attempts.

1 Like

In here now and it’s bugged

1 Like

My group just got to this dungeon today (April 12, 2020) via group finder and we ran into this same bug.

Tank had him standing in the middle for forever and nothing happened. We even completely cleared the room and nothing changed.

Decided to reset (die) and try again and got the same result. The fire in the center did absolutely nothing and we wound up giving up and breaking off the group.

Members were:
Zhiani-Doomhammer
Physhbones-Azshara
Narcius-Garrosh
Inviolable-Blade’sEdge
Nàxx-Illidan

Still bugged

I’ve run into this issue in 2 seperate groups today on my unholy dk, and I think I know the specific issue.

I’ve found in my details damage that I was hitting something called “Invisible Stalker (Hostile. Ignore Combat. Float. Uninteractible, Large AOI)” with my Virulent Plague, which is a damage over time ability that naturally spreads from whatever target I apply it to with Outbreak (in this case I was targetting the boss while he stood next to the pillar).

The very next pull after I figured that out, I stopped using Outbreak and the boss worked as intended.

So I hypothesize everybody else who runs into this bug has an unholy dk in their group that hit this entity with Virulent Plague, or there are other abilities which hit this invisible entity that is either killing it or stopping it from triggering the lava pillar from running the boss through it.

IF YOU RUN INTO THIS BUG and you have details damage meter or another damage meter addon with specifics on targets hit, see who’s hitting that entity (“Invisible Stalker…”) and with what ability and tell that person to stop using that ability until after you kill the boss.

11 Likes

This absolutely worked! Thank you so much! My group was so frustrated.

1 Like

Seriously, no fix yet? Wtf?

Well now I feel bad for causing the bug and the party to fall apart. Still… blizz should fix this issue.

Same issue 5/8. The super annoying thing? He’s on my run of solo dungeon clears with an Unholy DK. Trying the run and avoiding Virulent Plague, let’s see if that fixes it.

EDIT: That 100% did it. I didn’t start the fight with Virluent Plague, debuff stacks went on him just fine. Thanks Coconut!!

Just happened today but I got into another group and he wasn’t bugged. Seems to be random.

Bugged still, after death/reset the debuff started applying immediately after being pulled, unable to stack the debuff at all.

I had this happen today and found this thread. Our DK was damaging invisible stalker. We got him to stop and then stacks started to get applied.

We got boss to 2 stacks and pulled him out to dps. At the second round of stacks, most people instantly died from the damage. We then had one dps switch to heals and set up a CD rotation, but even then 2 stacks seemed to be too much. This boss seems to be a little overtuned for a leveling dungeon.

I just checked the log and our UH DK was hitting something like an Invisible Stalker with his Virulent Plague. We already disbanded the group and left before I started Googling this problem. I ran into this with my other 2 DK tanks in past. Can’t remember if I had an UH DK in the group or not though.

Same as of today, 06/17/20…unholy dk in grp bugged it

Blizzard, this bug is still around. I ran into same issue today. We wiped three times on the boss on my unholy Death Knight because he wouldn’t get the debuff from the magma. I finally searched for and found this thread and Coconut’s response.

I switched to Frost Death Knight and we cleared it the fourth time like normal. Please fix.