Kalimdor Cup Feedback

Hey Blizz,

After having achieved the Gold Kalimdor Cup completion achievement and all ten rewards, I have some comments I’d like to make:

1. Some of the courses, such as Un’Goro and Rocket Raceway, have timers that are excessively long. Shorter courses, such as the Barrens divide, feel a lot better. When you fail the shorter ones, less of your time is wasted and it doesn’t feel so bad. When you fail a long course, it feels a lot worse.

2. The courses felt very imbalanced as far as difficulty goes. I spent hours on rocket raceway advanced. Meanwhile, I one-shot Felwood and Nordrassil. There’s an inconsistency in difficulty, which may be related to some courses having a very high number of “gotchas” such as really thin branches, rings stuffed in between rocks and trees, etc. Hopefully you’re logging data (failed runs, etc.) to help pinpoint these pain points.

3. Running alts through the intro quest and a couple additional races to farm out the rest of the rewards felt weird and a little tiring. All rewards should’ve been obtainable on a single character. If there’s a plan for these same rewards to show up in future Cup iterations, then I may have missed that memo.

I am looking forward to future Cup iterations. I do hope there’s less pain involved though.

1 Like

I completed the kalimdor cup back in the 60s I can’t even remember most of it.

There was a blue post, can’t seem to find it now, but they said it will rotate back around and that the other cups will have different rewards.

I took it to mean that the rewards for each cup will still be on the vendor for that cup when it comes back around.

If that’s the case then they should really change it. Doing Gold Completionist should also mean having enough badges to buy everything in my view.

2 Likes

The only ones I really struggled with was both Reverse and it was Uldum and the one Feralas Omg but I finally completed gold on all races.

To me, this is the most important one. I still think it’s silly, even if they will rotate back around in the future. If they wanted to do it that way, I would have preferred that they saved some of the rewards and added them in the next go-round.

Instead, I had to use a few alts to farm everything and won’t do it at all next time because there is nothing new—the worst of both options.

Exactly.

Found it!

1 Like