'k, i don't get it. (Helldivers 2 Disabling Crossplay)

… I mean, this is Twitter and of coarse i don’t get it, but i don’t like… get it get it.

So basically this dev team, idk who and idc, announced there will be crossplay for the game. Hooray. And somebody said in the comments they will be disabling. Okay. :man_shrugging:

I mean, that happens, people disable cross-play for whatever reason, justified or not, so life moves on and that’s where the story suppose to end.

But for some bizzaro reason, this upsets people, making them go “THERE’S NO REASON TO DISABLE THAT IN A PVE COOP GAME!! YOU’RE STUPID!!”. In a matter that just seems rather controlling and petty. Hell, Grounded was a PvE co-op, and i didn’t hear a single peep about people disabling cross-play. Hell, you have console fanboys like Crapgamer saying “imma disable crossplay” prior to this game that didn’t have as big of a disgust and anger as this.

So what gives? I even asked around. Got nothing.

Well other then some Dale from King of the Hill looking feller giving me crap because i didn’t magicly understand his nothing point of “It’s a PvE co-op game!!!”. I don’t care it’s PvE Co-op if y’all didn’t complain about this previously with other games, i care why people can’t do it in this game specifically. But He told me nothing useful… So twitter in a nutshell.

I did hear some of them saying something about splitting the playerbase, But this is a sequel to another game that i imagine it’s pretty good and has it’s fanbase… And it makes even less sense to use then with WoW, given it’s also on the PS5. PS5 ain’t exactly a niche console guys, what the hell are we even getting at here? Is this the same crap from Fromsoft Fanboys where i need to play the games to understand even a lick of their problems?

Actually no, i take that back. I understand a lick of their problems without even playing their games. At least their whole “This is what the artist intends” argument makes SOME sense. This is just straight up dr. suess nonsense that has no sense to it what so ever, to a point where even Cat in the Hat would call this psychopathic. And you know he would BECAUSE HE CALLS THE GRINCH A PSYCHOPATH.

Even the PCMR people are disgusted by people disabling Cross-play. PC Master Race. People who celebrate options and freedom on PC… disgusted by people disabling Cross-play and calls them stupid for it on this game and this game only. They don’t even tell me the game is like super casual and console-friendly where whether you’re on a controller or not wouldn’t matter hugely… (Which given the gameplay i’ve peeped for a good 1 minute, i highly doubt, but that remains to be seen)

Which is why i turn to you guys… Because, i have no NO idea why, so might as well ask a bunch of WoW players.