Justice Points Prepatch Conversion

At the start of Cataclysm Prepatch (4.0.1) all Emblems of Frost and Emblems of Triumph were converted to Justice Points at a rate of 1 Emblem → 11.58 JP. While the cap through Cataclysm was 4000 JP, those converted emblems were allowed to exceed that value. Say you had 500 emblems; those would convert into 5790 JP. You were then unable to obtain any additional JP until had spent down those JP to an amount below the 4000 JP cap, but in this case you weren’t losing any emblems.

Once Cataclysm (4.0.3) launched all additional JP over the 4000 cap were paid out at 47s50c each and there were no further methods of exceeding the cap.

With the conversion many vendors items are being changed to cost JP, there are a few items that are more ideally purchased post conversion rather than ahead of time with emblems.

The question I have for blizzard is since we are launching on the latest patch (4.4.0) will our emblems be converted into a temporary overcap of JP during prepatch like it originally was, or will the JP over 4000 be converted into gold on April 30th?

3 Likes

Beta doesn’t appear to offer any answer there either, likely because there is no process doing the conversion.

Which is understandable, but communication on this and a range of other topics would be swell. Will pre-patch include all 3 “phases” - will they each be one week? etc.

I think at this point they’re just assuming everyone who’s leaving will leave and anyone who’s staying will ride out the mystery, pleasant or otherwise. I’m not sure that’s 100% true, but it’s probably largely true.

It doesn’t exactly buy long-term goodwill though. I’d also probably feel different if I were spending my own money rather than plopping down AH tokens to stay on the roller coaster.

Yeah, that’s pretty typical for betas. conversion of currency like this wouldn’t occur until maintenance just before prepatch.

It’s one of the downsides of being NA, we get to test some of these things and report over to EU before they get it :rofl:

1 Like