Just tuning and fixing bugs left

Changes to be done based on feedback during expansion’s lifetime.

I hope you guys enjoy the current trees, i really don’t…
I guess there’s no point in giving feedback during this beta anymore, just list any found bugs.

~Desvin
We feel it would be useful to let everyone know where we are in the development of Dragonflight classes and talent design. With the next Beta/PTR build, we’re transitioning away from spending the majority of our time on the design iteration of the new talent trees, and we’re now primarily focused on fixing bugs and tuning the game. This includes balancing talent choices against each other and tuning the throughput of each class. We want to ensure that we release an expansion of the highest quality for this incredible community.
That being said, the new talent systems constitute a tremendous change to the game and represent a fundamental overhaul to how classes and specializations are customized by players. It is our expectation that we will be making adjustments based on your feedback throughout the expansion’s lifetime. We greatly appreciate all of your testing and feedback thus far, and we’re looking forward to delivering improvements to all of the talent trees in content updates throughout Dragonflight.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/dragonflight-class-design-progress/1346916

17 Likes

I meant going forward, since it doesn’t matter anymore for now.

They’ll make changes based on feedback during the expansion, if they deem it necessary.

1 Like

For Paladin?
Sure doesn’t feel like it. They didn’t address any of the issues that leave our class undesirable in the current game, and due to the improvements made to other classes it leaves us even more undesirable in DF.

Absolute joke.

31 Likes

Our class Tree never got an iteration, we have MULTIPLE talents that require other talents to even function, that are completely optional… Every spec, every tree is a complete mess.

As a Holy Paladin, I can get 5 Talents that revolve around Wings and HoW… without even specing into Wings or HoW, lol.

This is unbelievable.

32 Likes

Paladin Dev was practically MIA for 3-4 weeks at a time. We almost got more feedback from a different dev who was NOT the main dev working on Paladin. From the first draft of the Holy paladin tree to the revamped version, exactly one month had passed. There have been basically zero changes to Holy at all since, even when the immediate reaction to it from basically everyone was, “It’s better than the dumpster fire it was, but it’s still not good.”

The class tree is virtually the same as it was in the beginning, just with some positions changed, a couple of costs lowered, and better connections between nodes. Despite the overwhelming feedback that Of Dusk and Dawn is worthless and wanting a better capstone, and that were is just way too much throughput in the class tree, that part has remained more or less exactly as it was.

Despite the mountain of feedback that it feels like crap to be the melee class with simultaneously the highest investment cost for mobility that is still the worst out of all melee specs, Divine Steed still maintains 1) being something we have to talent to while no other melee class does, and 2) having some of the most pathetic talents to improve it in the entire game.

Despite the overwhelming majority of players saying that Avenger’s Shield without Holy Power doesn’t feel right at all, and it basically being a known issue that Paladin is falling behind other tanks right now mostly because of the reduced Holy Power generation, there was not even a hint of taking any of that feedback into consideration.

Despite every Ret paladin feedback pointing out that every other melee spec blatantly has more defensive options than us now and asking to simply get Divine
Protection as another option, they gave it to us in the most “F%^* you” way possible by making it a choice node against the already awful Shield of Vengeance, and then increased its cooldown so it was somehow worse than Shield of Vengeance.

If you were really following the paladin feedback thread, you would know that virtually NOTHING the community was asking for, even the most obvious and reasonable things, has seen the light of day.

There is no other way to put it.

We. Have. Been. Ignored.

48 Likes

But at the same time, i kind of saw this ending and was expecting it.
As always… Paladins are always treated like this.

So i can’t really say that i’m honestly surprised, i really can’t.
But as the saying goes, hope dies last. It died today.

Louder for the devs in the back… is what i could say, but there’s no point, they know what they’re doing. It’s on purpose i could say without a doubt at this point.

30 Likes

Honestly I think we need to send a message with our feet.
If you at least end up playing DF, don’t play Paladin.

Personally I’m probably going to just stay away from DF in general, however I’d advise those that do to at least play something different (and preferably not Evoker so they can’t just say people moved to play the new class).

Show them that we are disappointed and refuse to play a class that has had no design effort put into it.
Force them to listen.

6 Likes

I’m too addicted to Dragonriding to not play, but I’m seriously weighing what I want to consider my main going into the expansion, because any remaining shred of hope that it might be Paladin just disappeared in the time it took to see that blue post.

5 Likes

I am somehow stunned by this news. I am also somehow stunned by their brazed disregard for months of feedback. NOT ONCE did they actually respond to any ret feedback. They posted one time about their removal of LAOTL. Never to engage. Never to even say to shove it. What a disgrace. You can’t even blame incompetence. It is all negligence.

23 Likes

I already boosted a Warrior in case Ret and Prot go live as is.

4 Likes

At this point i’m disappointed in myself for spending hours and hours giving feedback, writing literal pages and then some, only for it to go ignored.

Why did i even bother… and it wasn’t just me, there were hundreds of well thought up posts by lots of players. The Paladin thread has 600+ posts. :upside_down_face:
Only for them to literally ignore it. We’re such :clown_face:s, and i mean that in a non-provocative way ofc.

30 Likes

I thought you were doing a bang-up job of being the sort de facto voice of paladins by being a constant presence in the thread, regularly hammering out feedback on all of our problems, and I’m really sad, for you and all of us, that none of it was heard.

14 Likes

Disappointing. Thank you to all of those in the beta and on these forums who tried to persuade the devs.

10 Likes

Whelp, there goes Infusion of Light being useless for another expansion.

7 Likes

As soon as I saw them changing names of abilities, that’s when I knew. Fool me once, shame on Blizzard. Fool me twice, shame on me. I don’t want to have my damage be the “reason” I’m taken to a raid or not. I want actual raid utility that doesn’t come at the expense of my DPS.

If ANY of the developers played MoP and/or WoD Paladin - heck, even WOTLK or Cata - all of the Paladin trees would look way different and probably way better.

9 Likes

So what specs are you guys rerolling to for Dragonflight?

Imma play League of Legends… All Random All Mid mode.
Fun silly games, with any “spec” that i get randomly rolled there.

And lots of single player games, i got a huge backlog worth!
See you guys in the expansion after DF, or maybe in patch 10.3 if they actually care to fix anything.

8 Likes

I have a Shaman alt (and it’s been my primary alt since WotLK, so almost a second main), and they haven’t destroyed Elemental and Resto, and Gust of Wind is back, so…

1 Like

Considering DH, Monk, or War so I have a class that can still tank and actually do it well because they didn’t lose anything major, and actually mostly gained things, and then level an Evoker on the side.

If I don’t hear anything in probably the next week on actually listening to Paladin Feedback, it will probably be the last class I level.

3 Likes

Elemental and Enhancement Shamans are looking really good. Even if theyre undertuned theyve got endless utility and tons of different damage profiles for m+, pvp, and raiding

Shadow Priest alt for RBGs

2 Likes