Just tansfered and already love it

Transfered over from Herod and already love the smaller community feel.

A rogue tried to ninja Assassins blade in SFK and we talked him out of it with threats of him being blacklisted on a smaller server. He ended up having everyone roll for it and passed it over to the winner.

Besides that, seeing the same faces consistently is nice

10/10 would transfer again

3 Likes

Gz to however won the blade. Assuming it wasn’t you or you’d have mentioned. Really glad our group moved over as well. The server has a more vanilla feel then Skeram to us. The people you see you remember and the odds you see them and group with them again seems much higher. It’s definitely more of a community feel.

1 Like

That sounds great but also a bit concerning to me because I moved to a high/medium server back in the day that ended up turing into a low pop wasteland.

Thats my fear right now. Herod and alot of the launch servers are always going to be popular.

edit: words

How long are you willing to put up with queues? Are you willing to do the extra to get logged in? What will you do when kicked, stuck in a 4k minimum queue, and miss a raid night?

Welcome to Earthfury, I transferred last week and Love it too. Goodbye ques, hello Earthfury!

1 Like

To be fair, according to the Devs, the most high populated servers back then have less than some medium population servers today. So i’m a little more hopeful that these servers won’t end up like a low pop wasteland.

As soon as layering is gone its going to feel pretty solid!

2 Likes

The biggest risk is if there is a mass exodus of short time players, then realms like ours could become a ghost land.

So far I am liking it. We moved from Herod to Earthfury. The experience here has been great. Quests are practical to do as mobs are not all dead. The LFG spam is not so insane where I need a separate window for it. People are friendly and help out when they see I need help. And the horde/alliance balance is fair.

I mean I was actually outnumbered and attacked by alliance. On Herod, alliance never had more people anywhere. And I never attacked alliance as it felt like a 20v1. Here, I can see how I may engage in world pvp at times. While I won’t kill on sight the other faction like I did in 2004, I will at least be able to have some fun world pvp without feeling like I am a douche for fighting a grossly outnumbered opponent.

Overall, I am happy with the move. I still am a little afraid of what could happen if interest in WoW Classic dies down in the longterm. I argued my guild should not move because of longterm fears. But in the short term, no queues, a decent population, friendly people, good faction balance, and more make things 100x better than Herod.

1 Like

I wish this server the best, but being one of the lowest populated servers in the game, everyone here better pray your population is committed. Because if the 40-50% population dip that most people expects comes true… well, there’s a reason transfer servers, historically, became ghost towns.

My guild of 15+ has just transferred here. Love it! Healthy and growing population! I suggest moving immediately!

I transferred from Herod after a week of thinking about it and so far so good. There are more players around even with the layering than there were in the same places on my Vanilla server. So far, the faction balance is good. I had some great PvP in Arathi tonight with my group vs a few other alliance groups. The numbers were actually balanced.

Yes, Earthfury could die and that’s what I was afraid of. That’s why I originally picked Herod. However, the queues weren’t worth it anymore for me. I did almost everything I wanted to in Vanilla and had a great experience. If this server does die it’s not the end of the world. Hopefully, it doesn’t. It depends on what the player is looking for really.

I agree with that. However, more than one server will become ghost towns eventually. Blizzard will eventually have to merge them or more subs will be lost due to lack of community. That’s what I’m thinking anyway. Still haven’t transferred. Still on the fence

Enjoy paying $15 for Queuecraft!