Just so you know we're playing nerfed Classic

Couldn’t agree more. We’re talking major nerfs here. These dungeons are nothing like true Vanilla. That completely changes the experience.

Code that worked on 2004 hardware that no longer exists and crashed a lot.

Unless you had full amnesia or had never played WoW EVER, Classic was never going to equal each of our Vanilla experiences because those of us who played it know how:

• The mechanics work.

• Where the quest mobs/items are.

• Spent hours on thottbot when we got stuck.

• Likely did many quests/instances more than once on alts.

I still feed my Hunter pet even though I really don’t need to since it’s no longer going to run away, nor is there a damage boost for keeping it happy.

There’s no going back to our ignorance of the game which is one of the main reasons it doesn’t feel the same.

Unless you can Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind your time playing Vanilla, it’s never going to feel like a Vanilla, even if you were on the 2004 computer you originally played Vanilla on.

1 Like

What are you talking about. Stiches wasn’t nerfed at all just check the patch notes. Take off your rose-tinted glasses.

2 Likes

Nah we ain’t. You’ll just Q. Q over literally anything

If you already put MC, BWL, and AQ on farm, what makes you think it wouldn’t still be on farm 15 years later?

2 Likes

It was not nerfed for BC, stop with this nonsense.

Mauradon, Honor, PvP systms, Dire Maul, Naxxramas, Ahn’Qiraj etc, ALL had yet to come out in 1.12.

What? Everything on that list was present before 1.12

1 Like

You’re right, my mistake, I brain farted and somehow got 1.12 and 1.1.2 crossed in my head because I am running on fumes despite my knowing better.

I shall leave my post as a monument to my sleep deprived ignorance.

1.12 was indeed the last patch of Vanilla. IDK if it was really nerfed or not compared to previous patches but I would be okay with dungeons being more brutal.

The round up and aoe method being pushed by streamers is bumming me out.

Hey chief, hot tip for ya… IT DOESN’T MATTER.

WoW was always easy, even if it “was harder”.

Doesn’t matter. Never will. Easy is easy.

I have found it to be much easier than I expected as well. My solution? 4 man dungeons. Super fun.

The delineation doesn’t matter. Who cares? If it took APES a week to clear the first content who cares? If Nintendo re-releases Mario 1 is there going to be outrage on how easily Bowser goes down despite the fact that everybody knows the warps and fire flower was buffed?

This does not make Classic any less of a game especially compared to BfA which is bad.

The only thing I will say is that if they ever do release BC servers, they sure as hell better make you get full attunements for the level 70 5 man’s, karazhan, tier 5, and ESPECIALLY tier 6.

And only a few vials per Kael kill. Not like it was after 2.4. That was real raiding.

As for Naxx lol let’s see how quick they faceroll without farming enough frost resist for Sapphiron.

Meh its exactly what they said id get to play. Closest i have to 2005 2006. Im good. Now open Asherons Call back to 1999 2000 and im set for 2nd half of life too. :hugs::hugs:

1 Like

i mean why bother to bring classic back if you’re going to bring a pre-bc nerf. since bc isnt coming out i dont understand why they would cheapen the experience. We already have retail wow we dont want a second one

1 Like

I want to tell you you’re being stupid.

The expansion patches were always the next number.

For instance, the Cataclysm pre-patch was like 4.06 or something.

The BC pre-patch would be 2.0something or other.

And lemme tell ya - leveling is definitely not easier and faster right now. Casters are still using Wands, you still run out of quests, etc.

So… yeah, failure to launch.

1 Like

I know that when I fish, I still get “Your fish got away!” on some casts. So this version is the same as vanilla :slight_smile:

Yea, we were running it with 2 locks and a rogue.

Technically we had a tank, some meta in leather and a 2 hander, but he was only around for one or two fights. Rest of the time he was ghost running.

Classic wow is wow, retail = too easy

Its not nerfed classic is easy.

Go play retail if you dont like it.

1 Like

I don’t care. I’m having fun.