Just so you know we're playing nerfed Classic

And pservers were stupidly easy also. A lot of people were saying they were inaccurate. The joke is on them (and on me) for us being right - but that they were actually HARDER than Classic. Which is straight up sad.

2 Likes

Can the « vanilla is so hard » mentality be compared to work experience. Imagine having 15 years of experience in your field and maybe a Master’s degree and then you go back to your 1st job after school. … your experience alone would make it way easier. Better knowledge of the issues and challenges…
I am not a pure vanilla player (I started a little before BC and yes the faceroll of retail is a sad state). But I am still convinced that more experience and a much better understanding of the game mechanics in themselves make classic easier.

2 Likes

Considering the amount of people that make the comparison to WoW as being a second job, I would say it’s a fair comparison, and it’s one that’s not wrong.

If you play the game more and for longer, you’re going to be better than others, and you’re going to be more efficient at things. That’s just how it works.

1 Like

Wow,after looking at that list of what will be nerfed in the future,raids will be getting easier.

Your obsession with me and my posts is mildly disturbing, considering I still have no idea who you are. I do like the attention, somewhat; do proceed with your hilarious lies about my “40 alts”.

Teremus the Devourer can be kited to Stormwind, or should be based on the beta. Kazzak, however, will be leashed to the Blasted Lands.

Correct me if I’m wrong, because I didn’t start playing until super late 2006, but I’m pretty sure the open world didn’t see a nerf until patch 2.3 of TBC. So I’m not entirely sure what you mean when it comes to the mobs in the questing zones being easier. Sure there were class changes throughout the patches, but as far as I’m aware, the mobs in the zones didn’t change.

Idk man…sounds like alot of straw grasping here, if you believe that only “mechanics” are the only challenging thing in all raids from say WoD up, that’s false…let’s take heroic Kil’Jaden for example…if you missed a soak, there was a 85+% chance it was a wipe, and that’s only one boss, there is a ethora of bosses from WoD and up that will one shot your azz if you messup, and that’s not even talking about mythic…yes I agree you had to manage stuff in Vanilla, but compared to what your managing in retail…it’s not even close to the level of anything vanilla had to offer

1 Like

I agree with OP, raids need to be tuned to the phase/difficulty we are currently experiencing.

Making raids as hard as they were supposed to be shouldn’t be a problem for anyone. Not sure why some oppose it.

5 Likes

Post MC.

Ony and MC are literally babbies first Raid.

Also; way to ignore the complete context of what I wrote - Like I said, the raids are not the end game. Getting your damned set gear to drop, even after the “optimization” that prevented unusable gear dropping, was the real killer. If you weren’t prepared to spend every week for months running the same raids, then you shouldn’t have raided in the first place.

They weren’t always. And they shouldn’t be treated as such either. At one point MC was THE raid. Trivializing it to be LFR is a travesty.

As for the rest, the game will be played different by different people. But 1.12 is not indicative of the overall Vanilla experience.

1 Like

Yes, it was “the” raid. And then it was on farm and we moved on. Ran it with alts. Got drunk and loled our way through it in TS and Vent. It was “the” raid for months and months and it was boring af and we were glad to be done with it.

?

Listen dude, I still have my vanilla character so you can call me whatever it is you want.

Doesn’t change any of the facts that you guys are blatantly ignoring.

I think you need to read that staggeringly massive list of nerfs to raids and dungeons

2 Likes

We try. Endlessly. And all we do is get shouted down by the retail idiots. And anything we do get Blizzard just half @sses it so we get even more flak from the retail idiots about how everything is super easy. Why even bother? We’re already at the point where its become obvious that professions like blacksmithing are not needed anymore. Its becoming retail.

1 Like

Staggering massive list of minor nerfs that Velquez posted and conveniently left out all the buffs to boss abilities and nerfs to player talents and abilities that happened over the course of Vanilla as well.

Here’s an example: (2005-06-07): Firesworns that are moved too far away from Garr will now become quite enraged until they move closer to Garr.

Another example:

The maximum range of the Wrath of Ragnaros spell has been increased.

3 Likes

I swear TS didn’t exist till sometime after TBC. Was either you sit in Ventrilo, shut up and let the raid leader and/or officer yell at you for more dots. Or you weren’t a part of the 40 man raid. No DKP for you.

I just don’t understand why anyone bothers to reply to any of the people currently on the forums, continually doing their best to bash what other people have said a while ago. We are too busy getting on with our lives, and doing what we consider fun.

Not sitting on the forums, going into every thread saying “LOL U WUZ WRONG ADMIT IT, SHIZZ WASNT HARD AND AINT GONE BE”

Ignore them, they the salty ones. For reasons unknown and I frankly don’t care.

Just care enough to point out they are the fickle ones.

:slight_smile:

TS has been around since 2002, my friend :slight_smile:

We used to run Vent for raid, and TS for guild. Sometimes both at the same time.

Say what you want, don’t have time or desire to argue.

The game at 1.1 was much harder than 1.12. There’s not really much to debate there.

Though I only pvp, easy raiding means more losses to bad players who outgear the absolute Hell out of me. Oh well

1 Like

Well it was always Ventrilo. Cuz I actually paid for two of the servers myself :wink:

Teamspeak I guess was for the console kiddies. But it doesn’t matter we never used it, nor needed to.