Just Remove Sun King's Blessing

From the Alpha notes:

I think we simply need to kill the talent. It’s not fun and has essentially been mandatory since Legion. And for most mage players, myself included, it’s been annoying to use.

I think the healthiest decision is to simply remove it as a talent otherwise it’s always going to be mandatory.

7 Likes

I agree, but SKB wasn’t around in Legion unless you are talking about the legendary bracers that semi-inspired it.

With that being said, man, I really liked this talent for like one season, but now I would honestly love to see it straight up deleted. Or at least add a UI element for the proc so that new players don’t have to rely on weakauras to perform their basic rotation.

3 Likes

Yes that’s what I meant.

They fixed that now, SKB now uses Pyroclasm’s old Spell Activation Overlay when it’s available.

How about NO.

And yes, it is fun.

Maybe not to you, but i frankly don’t care.

Play unleashed sunfury. There’s your option.

Not happy about the change to 10, but fire should be able to throw out even more pyroblasts. So it might feel very similar.

1 Like

Not to most players, I’ve seen alot of mage players in the same quantity as priests asking for PI to be removed or made a personal buff and that’s been the case since Shadowlands.

It’s Unleashed Inferno and no it’s not an option. It’s 10% less dps than SKB and fire mages will always be forced into SKB unless they make SKB completely unplayable.

2 Likes

I also like Sun Kings Blessing(hard casting pyro).
And planning out when you blink etc.
Just wish it would hit a bit more harder lol (at least in PvE)

1 Like

Guess what?

You can just… Tune the numbers, increase the damage you get from UI, or slightly up the cdr.

Problem solved.

As for most players, that’s just like, your opinion.

You don’t know a damn thing about “the majority”. Stop pretending.

I’m not even saying that UI is bad, just stop projecting. You have no idea about the general preferences of the players.

The reason you’re making that argument is because that’s what YOU personally think, but saying that it’s your subjective opinion doesn’t sound quite as good as saying: This is the will of the majority.

That’s about all.

1 Like

And alot of fire mages don’t like the hard casting of pyro. Alot hated it in Legion and could thankfully opt out for a different legendary and not suffer to much of a dps loss.

Except they have tried and failed and SKB will still be a forced talent for mages. It would either need to be nerfed into the ground or removed out right.

I’ve seen countless threads on the forum asking for SKB to be removed, I’ve played multiple M+ and raids with other mages and they hate SKB many of which no long play fire because they are forced to take SKB and either went Frost or Arcane or abandoned their favorite spec. If you ask Fire Mage mains in game I would say 7 out of 10 would say they hate SKB.

SKB is also fundamentally terrible, every second you have SKB active and don’t get your hardcast pyroblast off you loose dps. It feels bad especially on high movement fights. As is it does not promote a healthy gameplay (just like Rune of Power but worse). And the devs only just now in Season 4 added Pyroclasm’s old Spell Activation Overlay to SKB.

Yes I personally think SKB is bad, as do many other fire mages. It either needs to be removed, be nerfed into the ground, or entirely redesigned from its current form otherwise it will always be a forced talent.

2 Likes

Except they didn’t try.

End of story.

As for you pulling numbers out of nowhere. Don’t care.

There are some people who are very loud that complain about enhance shaman too, that doesn’t mean the spec actually plays bad.

And from what i heard, it’s not that people don’t like skb, they’re just a bit tired of playing only that, and they want some variety. That’s a pretty far cry from “everyone things that this is bad” But especially me…

So…

Removing it isn’t the answer, tuning the competition is. That being said, I’m not a fan of increasing SKB’s stacks to 10 for activation. It’ll definitely feel very bad.

1 Like

They could have just reduced the damage from the hard cast.

This change is the only really bad change after a lot of very good ones.

The 260% was the tuning knob, not the stacks. They shouldn’t have touched those.

1 Like

Yeah that’s just classic blizzard, let’s make something worse to play in hopes of another talent becoming viable instead of just bringing the other one up to par… it’s kind of frustrating

5 Likes

They did nerf SKB’s damage at one point.

I’m not saying Fire Mage plays bad. I’m saying SKB is a forced talent and promotes (to many) unfun gameplay.

The general issue seems to be the free mini combustion being way to strong. If SKB wasn’t merged with Pyroclasm it would still be BiS.

Even with 10 stacks now SKB will still be better too because it’s power is the mini Combustion.

“Countless.” Okay.

Even if that’s true it’s meaningless because it tells you nothing about the “countless” people who like SKB. Complaint posts will always outnumber praise posts because people who are satisfied have less motivation to say anything. Not to mention that negativity just gets more attention as a rule anyway.

Besides, the “countless” complaints you see on this forum are in general the same 4-5 guys posting the same 4-5 paragraphs over and over again, just slightly re-written. Hardly a scientific sample.

I like SKB. As others have said, the answer is to make UI competitive. Not to remove SKB.

1 Like

I’m going to assume you don’t realize just how silly you look making things up to try and support your point. It takes someone really special to act as if they speak for everyone playing a class, especially when said person doesn’t know how to play the class…

[Voidarcane - Whisperwind - Warcraft Logs](https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/whisperwind/voidarcane#zone=35)

Oh no I only killed Heroic Fyrakk twice early on! :stuck_out_tongue:

I swapped to 2 other alts during the tier because I kept getting BiS items on them while my mage rarely saw the needed drops. I was still rocking Abberus trinkets until 9 weeks into the Amirdrasil because my RNG luck was atrocious.

But please post on your main so we can see your logs :smirk:

None of this has anything to do with you parsing green. It’s very telling that you don’t get that.

It does when you’re unoptimally geared.

But please post on your main so we can look at your logs.

I tend to agree, however, there seem to be a lot of people who unironically enjoy it. So I would settle for making Unleashed Inferno more competitive. It already was a solid pick for Sunfury even in its previous state and now it will be even better.

1 Like

That’s not how parsing works, but please continue the copium.