Just pull it

I’m finally done with my sanctum, all upgrades done, all anima shrines powered up etc. Its finished and its pretty cool to have done so. I imagine i might be late to the party since i rerolled to this guy in February but still happy about it.

And now guess what, i’m supposed to throw all of that in the trash as a new Resto Shaman meta is forming and i’m expected to be Kyrian as it does exponentially more damage than what i can do as Venthyr just by having a different button to press than the one i have.

So i have a simple challenge for the devs, please make a survey to see how many people are enjoying the covenant power-based systems. How many enjoy rerolling their progress over and over or being arbitrarily gimped. Just do it. Send a mass survey to everyone from all gameplay spectrums and look at the results.

And if the results are negative. Just pull the damn Ripcord.

16 Likes

Don’t think there ever was a ripcord my man.

7 Likes

They won’t do it, for pride if nothing else.

At this point Blizzard is doing everything it can to fail, for whatever reason.

16 Likes

Then make one. I’m no software engineer so what i say might be stupid but simply decoupling your choice of ability with your choice of covenant, making 2 different prompts when you go to the table to switch them (one for the ability and one for the covenant as a whole), for example, shouldn’t be impossible.

Unless its spagetti-coded to the point that breaks everything.

I agree, they could just make something and see where it goes from there than do nothing at all.

Balance and math seem to be areas they need to improve. Just looking at numbers is easy to make a change to values in a database. Whatever reason they fail.

I hear you, I’m not even in a power choice. I kinda wanna switch to NF simply because I want to try it out in M+, but I can’t. All that wasted anima if I switch to another covenant, all that renown that has to be “re-earned” it’s painful. Even if Blizz didn’t make the powers into a talent system, at least being able to keep your progress if you changed would make it less painful.

1 Like

Hyperbalance is neither achievable or desirable in my opinion, abilities being situationally better isn’t the problem. Being hardlocked in that choice is. I can think of situations where i’d gladly switch between the Venthyr/Necro and Kyrian Shaman abilities for example (haven’t really played with the NF one but its good for DPS specs).

They used to be able to get over that. I remember a quote from Ghostcrawler after they decided to nerf Cata heroics into the ground, basically saying they were wrong and pushing people to improve with no alternative as it often led them to simply leave.

Feels like a similar situation where they should stop pushing a design that is seemingly universally hated. People won’t start liking it over time, if anything it gets worse.

3 Likes

They could at least keep in the free swap as a permanent thing for covenants.

Have to agree. I even have a suggestion that works with the story: if you are exalted with the covenant you are swapping too - than let us do it without having to regrind renown or “prove ourselves.” We already proved ourselves by doing their dailies, questlines, and saved (or tried to) their sigils. Why are they mad that they weren’t our first choice even after we have proven ourselves (from the stories perspective and by grinding the rep).

I think it’s already been established that there’s no ripcord, no real failsafe that they claim to have.

1 Like

What if I told you that they know exactly what they are doing and are happy to know that this miss balancing would keep 80% of the people playing cause they have to switch.

Understanding math is a blizzard devs kryptonite. They have to be aware.

Can’t say i think its impossible but seems a bit pointless.

Now that we’ve literally saved each Covenant from imploding, there’s no way I’d start at Renown 0.

1 Like

I have to hope they have a small amount of intelligence when making changes. It’s that or they are that incompetent and oblivious to how the game they are developing is effected by their changes.

It would be better if they just put in a brief questline for each covenant that would allow you to use their class ability instead of your current covenant’s class ability.

That way you can only have one special class ability, but you can switch them at their respective covenant vendor whenever you want.

It would make a lot of sense since we’ve all but united the Covenants at this point.

kyrian is indeed lots of fun in keys but if you raid seriously you’re better off staying venthyr/NL. there are still plenty of high ranked non-kyrian resto m+ folks.

The ripcord was actually Preach’s finger the whole time. Please don’t pull it though.

1 Like

Just wait. We’ll use our power of the covenants (combined!) to channel our power into stopping the Jailer. Almost as if we’ve had other borrowed powers go out the exact. same. way. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I would rather they fix the community issues with the game.

Can’t cure cancer with a bandaid mentality.

I would like the to seriously see if they the devs have the passion to care about it too.