Just nerf wake of ashes down to the ground

That’s really what is making ret so overtuned right now, that wake of ashes 3 streak does INSANE damage and needs to be reduced. You don’t have to completely nerf the entire spec to the ground and ruin a good fun spec just nerf what is broken and fix it. Blizzard this is your chance to actually balance things correctly instead of just “NERF NERF NERF LOLOL” just fix the primary problem so ret can still be good in arena.

Ret is fine just counterplay them

8 Likes

Ofcourse you think ret is fine you’re a ret and you don’t want your spec to go under the bus and I understand that. Wake needs a nerf no question, the amount of burst in 1 second it has is unacceptable and needs to be tuned down. You don’t need to destroy the spec, just nerf wake.

3 Likes

Ret will get nurfed into the dirt like always don’t worry all the FOTM kids while flock to it till it gets nurfed though so it will get nurfed hard and all us ret mains will be thrown to the wolfs again

3 Likes

You don’t even know what is making ret so overturned…

It’s not wake of ashes…

The issue is FV/JV, DS, and divine arbitor all hitting at once on a single GCD with wings and FR running.

And that’s just in a nutshell.

6 Likes

To be safe, just nerf all those abilities.

Also, nerf demo.

5 Likes

This right here 100%. Vanguards called this out.

Also, vanguard of Justice is kinda nuts with the holy power generation ret has. It’s basically a 20% buff at all times.

1 Like

You should probably remove your Benjamin Franklin’s bifocals and recheck your combat log…

Don’t forget BM!

1 Like

Those are still not 1 shotting people in arena like wake is with wings up. I saw a ret do 170k with wake and wings in shuffle ON A 30 SEC CD. Yes the other burst is strong but wake is over the top of the topest top.

people simply hate it when paladin is an actually good class smh stop destroying this game

9 Likes

Hopefully blizzard makes the right move and not completely destroy the spec like they tend to always do.

6 Likes

Omg…

FV can crit in the 6 digits.

On top of that Divime arbiter. Can hit non crit for like 60k.

THEN OM TOP OF THAT. you got a 75% beefed out DS.

You also got a 20% buff on FV cuz of VoJ and two stacks of blessing of dawn.

All of that on one FV cast.

That’s like casting frost bolt while simultaneously procing arcane blast and pyro blast

Again, the issue is NOT wake of ashes. Wake just adds to the actual issue.

2 Likes

no it doesnt, it’s not affected by any amplifier other than holystrike (i think) and wings.

the divine storm + divine arbiter cheese is what needs to be nerfed

1 Like

Yes, yes it does. Wake combo hit me for 150k. I understand the divine arbiter plus justicar veng doing 200k in a stun in also insane but that requires build up and a stun. Wake doing 150k damage out of nowhere on a 30 sec cd is broken and needs to get nerfed.

k you right, it’s gonna get nerfed lol. rip ret

The mega Divine Storm activating off FV/JV needs nerfing too.

And Divine Arbiter.

And either Spender damage or Spender modifiers.

Also 1 min wings is bogus.

And they should just nerf damage done during Bubble. Unpeelable Burst is never cool. Mass Dispel and Shattering Throw are too rare as counters.

It actually is oneshotting like that without wake of ashes

1 Like

too rare? both priest and warrior are top tier meta classes lol

True, but having the counter for an ability be on only two out of (what are we at now 13?) classes is rare.

The game has serious issues if we expect a priest or Warrior to be on every team.