Just going by looks, would you rather play a San'layn or a Venthyr?

Either of them really! Or if we cant have that, make vampire a class.

Venthyr, I like the 30s vampire look.

1 Like

lore wise the sanlayn were made by the revendreth magic the lichking sipheons his power from. ghouls abominations and the such from maldraxis power he used valkyr from bastion magic he uses. one power of the shadowlands the lichking was never able to make use of and couldnt make his own version of beings was ardenwald.

San’layn because SL Covenants should not be AR and the lore would be dumb.

The San’layn live in Azeroth. What’s happening in Azeroth effects them, so joining up with Azeroth’s military super powers directly benefits them.

San’layn definitely.

Although i do like me some Nosferatu. Very underrepresented vampire clan in VtM.

And does the world really need yet another emo elf?

Have you seen their floating animation? LOL

Whenever I watch the fan-made San’layn customization in that video in San’layn/vampyr elf Customization (and Allied Race idea) Coagulated Megathread {Re-VAMPed} I have to say yes.

I haven’t, please link.

I don’t have one, sadly. I just saw it on the Twitch of someone playing Alpha. Maybe they’ve changed it by now, but they float with their legs sort of in front of them and their upper body leaned back. They’re basically just chasing you with their junk. It’s… awkward.

This demonic elf is as far as I’ll go in that general direction, so the short answer is neither most likely. More elves are always good but sanlayne are probably my least favorite variety. I lived through the 90’s RPG Vampire craze, then saw it morph into pop culture with buffy and twilight. I’d safely say vampires are my least favorite mythological/paranormal/fantasy creature.

They pretty much peaked for me with Symphony of the Night and Interview with the Vampire, imo. Everything after that has been pretty cringe-y. Like so many great monsters of entertainment (looking at you aliens and predator), the concept is now a trite knockoff of a knockoff of a knockoff. At least the werewolf RPG was interesting, I still like werewolves even though they’ve suffered under the vampire craze as well. If my worgen had a tail maybe I’d play her again. Oops, wrong thread.

They say the perfect animation doesn’t exist.

it definitely do not benefit then, since they are in the opposite ends of the polar spectrum of morality here

in other hand, shadowlands races befriending the races of azeroth show to be a beneficial mutual help between the worlds against the forces of the void.

This assumes that all San’layn have the same morals, which physically can’t be the case.

Which makes sense for them to be allies in the fight against the void, but not to outright join the faction.

They’re basically demigods. They have no reason to ever consider working with any mortal race on even terms.

with all the evidence we have they are, not a single one in the entire wow show otherwise, this only get worse with their vampire curse.

joining the factions would alow this mutual benefit, the new recruits in azeroth would gain support and resources of said faction in their own fight, and would maintain a support over the years if the people of shadowlands need help again

they are not demigods, they are just another race of beings, and its already show they would have reasons, to fight against the void and other threads who endanger their domains

in other hands, there is not a single race for the dead elves work with the factions, and there is not a single reason that the horde could even consider work with dead elves, when we already had one screwing the faction.

Venthyr. They’re spooky. San’layn are just another elf. We have 2 races with that model and don’t need a 3rd.

2 Likes

Is gargoyle an option? Beefy stone monster > Elves.

This would be my choice. But i don’t play Horde much so i am not sure i would even make one.

neither. i preffer non-vampire elves.

Unless they give Venthyr an option for a better-looking, non-daybreaker face… I’d have to say San’layn.

The gargoyles in Revendreth are so friggin spicy I NEED one.

1 Like