Just getting back into WoW and need help with a broken(?) macro

Resto Sham, would generally overlap my main couple damage spells and main heals onto the same button depending on what I was “moused over.” For example, I had:

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:alt,@focus,harm,nodead] Flame Shock; [mod:ctrl,@player] [mod:alt,@focus,help,nodead] [@mouseover,help,nodead] Riptide; [harm] Flame Shock; Riptide

This would make the button change between heal and damage spell depending what I was moused over. But upon return at the training dummies, I can click on the dummy and get the damage, and when I mouse over myself, I get the heal. But if I’m clicked on myself and mouse over the dummy, it doesn’t swap over.

This is preventing me from throwing out a quick flame shock DOT. Any idea what’s happening? I tried to turn off the built in “mouseover” option in the new UI but that didn’t work either.

If anyone has some insight, I’d appreciate it, I know Elvenbane(?) used to always be around and help with my weird macro requests lol!

1 Like

The macro as you have it written doesn’t have a mouseover conditional for Flame Shock. Adding it in before the [harm] conditional will give you the mouseover option.

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:alt,@focus,harm,nodead] Flame Shock; [mod:ctrl,@player] [mod:alt,@focus,help,nodead] [@mouseover,help,nodead] Riptide; [@mouseover,harm,nodead][harm] Flame Shock; Riptide
2 Likes

Agh, thank you so much, must have misremembered how I was using it all that time ago.