Just Disappointed (Slime Cat Pet)

With the renown this week hitting 28 the pets finally became available to purchase from the renown vendor in the covenants. So in anticipation I power leveled a dk to 60, put him in the necrolord covenant, farmed renown up to 26 before the weekly reset, and began farming offerings and anima to buy the slime cat (Jigles). Finally, after all that work I purchased it and logged onto my main (who is Night Fae) to summon it. And it’s covenant locked. A friggin battle pet is covenant locked. Seriously? You can’t even put it in the line up with your battle pets. Turns out you also can’t level it even if you’re on the toon who is in the correct covenant. The pet battle only shows your other two pets. Just disappointed with this nonsense.

10 Likes

I understand the disappointment because jigles is cute af but people really need to make peace with covenant stuff being locked to their respective covenants for now.

5 Likes

Every time a druid is inconvenienced, a Kyrian gets their wings. This brings a smile to my face.

7 Likes

we could have all had a giant slime cat
but edgy millennials were like nooo i want my lotr tree too many cats ingame

4 Likes

Except it’s a battle pet. There’s no reason to lock it to covenants. And even Necrolords can’t battle with it because it’s bugged. Can’t even level it unless you use a level stone on it. Best part is there wasn’t any warning they were covenant locked.

Non druids who aren’t Necrolords also can’t use it. That includes Kyrians.

Would probably be locked behind a covenant and be bugged even for necrolords so it wouldn’t be ridable :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

What in the world about Lord of the Rings or walking trees makes you think “edgy”?

Ancient was possibly the least edgy of the choices.

2 Likes

This is a sacrifice I am prepared to make.

1 Like

I wanted the flying book…

3 Likes

It’s good to be the Necrolord. He looks so cute sitting on my lap (thanks Mortis for the tip!). I named mine Jellö in honor of the band that got me into TOOL etc., Green Jellö.

3 Likes

It should be locked at least until the end of the expansion just like the transmogs and mounts.

Its covenant locked, just like all other covenant things to prevent people to do what you just did.

Yup, this is really annoying since I got Ruffle a couple days ago. I understand mogs and mounts but little pets? That’s just Blizzard doing even more to discourage people from changing covenants.

:cookie:

2 Likes

the ancient will be the most underutilized mount in history of wow

Based slimecat was too good for this world (of Warcraft)

1 Like

a lot of people voted for it out of spite for not voting for the others, it’s not that they wanted the tree they just wanted the furthest thing from the other popular choices lol

I mean this isn’t very sensitive, especially for 2021…but I laughed.

1 Like

I voted for the slime cat mount not a stupid tree. I hope the tree mount is flammable :fire: :deciduous_tree: :fire:

2 Likes

I voted for the caterpillar.

I wanted the book!

But the slime cat was uggo.