Just change the game rating to E at this point

Kids will be mad, what’s new?

Idk def turning into something different, though can you imagine movies like shrek/minions/ or almost any pixar movie with out innuendoes ?

Not to mention all the little easter eggs to irl/pop culture that are probably on the choping block next. and God help the people trying to add them in the future probably going to have to go through a 7 step HR process to get approved :frowning:

1 Like

Told you guys ages ago that the woke crowd would ruin videogames just like they did movies, comic books and card games.

People didn’t listen. They laughed at the term “SJW” and pretended it wasn’t a real problem.

Look where we are now.

Theres no going back to the golden age of videogames. All you are going to get now is remakes of games, obvious money grabs and more and more performative wokeness.

Hope you enjoy it, you asked for it.

8 Likes

lmao what

Ah yes, it is quite terrifying. Don’t know how anyone can sleep at night, knowing that a portrait in the corner of two or three virtual manors was changed.

What the hell does “woke” even mean anymore? Folks have stretched the term so much that there isn’t a single thing out there that isn’t “woke” by some degree.

1 Like

All kill quests to be replaced with talk nicely and convince them to stop being a pest.

1 Like

If you don’t even understand what woke means(either out of stupidity or pretending not to know what it means) then theres no point discussing it with you.

I means snowflake logic. Ya know, that logic that far too many people use that get offended by the least little thing that usually doesn’t mean what they took it to mean. /spit

Semper Fi! :us:

1 Like

i figured after 17 yrs and a well aged playerbase it would be m by now idk

The cenorship is gettin to be ludicrous. The problem is that it’s not even coming from executives. It seems to be the dev team itself to feel more ‘inclusive’. Which begs the question of - if these people are THAT insane , how can we trust them to design and develop something that is better than what we’ve gotten the last couple of expansions?

Look, if you want to remove in game paintings and rename NPCs because you think they objectify women or sexualize the game, sure. I think you’re reaching but sure.

Where they took it too far is the emote removal. At this point it’s nothing more than virtue signalling. This is showing us that developers are completely out of touch reality, not that they’re “an inclusive company!!!” all of the sudden. See a shrink, leave our emotes alone.

The other thing is that this sexual harassment, lawsuits, etc. have NOTHING to do with the game or playerbase at all. It has everything to do with a culture build within the halls of the blizzard HQ by poor management. Removing some sexual paintings in a game is not going to fix that. Toxicity towards developers is not going to stop because of this either. This is what happens after years of bad changes, lack of communication and doubling down on those bad changes. People have invested years of their life into your product and you’ve metaphorically spat in their face - what do you expect?

I suppose the people who have spent over a month raging over a fruit bowl are pretty easily offended. I don’t think I’ve ever seen so many people seethe over something so ridiculous.

Take a shot, everybody!

MTG(magic the gathering) did the same thing.

Literally tons of them wrote articles about how “too many White males” play the game. Nevermind the fact the game was largely developed by White males and that was mainly who popularized the game.

Now the games tanking. They thought by being woke theyd attract new customers. Instead they killed off a large portion of their loyal playerbase and got 0 new players.

2 Likes

why do you care what rating it gets?

does it make you feel inadequate if you play a game that doesn’t have at least a certain amount of cursing and nudity?

They can’t change E unless they remove every form of game chat and guilds.

It should be rated “P” for paranoid admin.

Yeah, like people who get offended by a customization request for afros!

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

I started playing Magic during Legends. Many players often remarked on my presence at tournaments and gatherings. I, for the life of me, do not understand why people think the concept of mysticism, much less a strategy card game, should only appeal to people with less melanin than I.

Some people think that WoW is just as exclusive, and on that strength, should be left alone. Still haven’t gotten an answer on why. Speaking as a black dude, if I made an MMORPG of my own, I would NOT be comfortable with people expecting my game to appeal to primarily non-caucasian players. I’d be horrified and upset actually. And I would very actively try to change that perspective.

Well, my nieces, nephews and several of their friends play Magic now, so wherever you got that “0 new players” statistic, it’s wrong. RPGs, and RPG adjacent games like MtG and WoW, are about fantasy and fun, and they espouse the spirit of adventure and camaraderie. The genre has been all about surpassing the ignorance of this world for decades. Unfortunately, there are some who missed all of that in their quest for epics.

1 Like

Did you not even read what you quoted? /spit

Semper Fi! :us:

:heart_eyes: :star_struck: :rainbow: :rainbow_flag: :rainbow: :star_struck: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I was specifically calling out the thread the two of us were chatting in the other night, if you’ll recall. I even put a laugh emoji! It wasn’t so much a poke at you, as it was the fact that people got literally racial over the existence of the thread (and there hasn’t been a damn thing done yet by any Blizzard community managers).

I think removing a few pictures we never look at, changing some emotes we never use, and small stuff like that isn’t so bad. But I have my eye on the sound director. He’s the one responsible for making the monsters in the game kid friendly. He makes the sound effects cartoony. He’s the one responsible for the kidification of the game.