Just came back…

Hi,

I just came back and leveled a toon From 1-70. I noticed this gear upgrade option for characters who already existed. Any way I can get this for my fresh 70 so I can do LFR and emerald dream easily ??

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Do not play toon for 60 days…
Next day should be able to get the upgrades.

You won’t need much gear for entering Emerald Dream, which means you can score 3 440s from the Blooming Dreamseeds quest, the Superbloom quest, and the Worthy Ally quest.

World Quests in the ED and elsewhere will get you some 415 gear.

You can buy more at the Dreamsurge vendor, and the pieces are BoA, so you can buy them for your alt. You likely have some Dreamsurge Coalescence on your main. 100 gets you a piece, and it’s not that hard to earn with WQ and the green orbs you can fly through. And the Dreamsurge events happen every half-hour, and will give you about 50 each, but really need a group, so maybe check for or list one in Group Finder.

Your alt will get a Cocoon which can be traded for a 424 piece from doing the Dreamsurge weekly. Sadly not BoA.

There is also the Auction House, ofc.

You will need Flightstones to upgrade those, but they’re easy enough to get.

Not instant, but more practical than waiting two months. :smiley:

I know this is a bit late, but I thought I’d add this in case someone else sees the thread.

The gear update feature is only available for characters 10-60, so you can’t use it to get a head start on end game.

Here’s the article explaining the feature: