Just a suggestion (New pets for SL)

So here’s just a bit of a suggestion for the new and/or upcoming expansions.

Could we get some pets that have some functionality? I know a few of the pets can function as campfires for cooking and I would love to see the expanded upon. A quick thought about tradeskill pets, I would be very excited to complete a modest questline in return for a pet that functioned as a forge or a transmutation lab. How about a pet that automatically gathers resources every once in a while? Let’s say once every 10 minutes the autoharvester would pick up resources when the player walked past the node?

How about a crab pet that also functioned as a barber?

Also, how about class specific pets?
Shaman- A puddle of sentient water (or pet rock that just tumbles along)
Priest- A small floating light-well
Warrior- Battle hamster in a ball
Monk- Alemental with a headband
Hunter- … A small creature with a shovel and bags??
I don’t know, you get the point.

I want a toy that turns our pets into mounts, even if they restrict it to specific pets (riding on humanoids could be weird). Even a long quest chain to unlock it would be fine by me.

Poor hunter battlepet, if it’s expected to clean up after my Thok.

How about a hunter battle pet that when summoned… randomly aggro’s nearby mobs.

1 Like

I understand this wish, but unfortunately it is confusing programming with magic.

Every mount they add has to go through a ton of new animation work, and testing to make sure each of the 13 races “sits right” in a sensible place on top of it.

Having existing graphical assets (ie the 3d models of the pets) is half the work of adding a new mount, but they would have to do the other half times ~1000 to make this toy.